Chocolate bar packaging for lazy people

dsfg
@lane-wigley
12/07/12 07:53:26PM
31 posts

I make bars at home for friends. I'm not sufficiently motivated to wrap them in foil. What are some alternatives? They don't need much shelf life as they get eaten pretty quickly. I'm mostly looking for something a bit nicer than the cellophane bags I started with, or possibly use the bag inside a box. I'd like something for 1.5 and 3oz bars.

updated by @lane-wigley: 04/19/15 12:18:04AM
Kerry
@kerry
12/07/12 08:24:58PM
288 posts
Make a little sleeve out of some nice handmade paper. You can still put the bar inside the cello bag (although I'd probably do a quick foil wrap) - wrap the sleeve around and glue. http://blog.celebration.co.za/diy/diy-chocolate-wrappers/

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Gap
@gap
12/09/12 03:54:03PM
182 posts

I've seen people do it with just food-safe paper (straight onto the chocolate). Also vacuum pack the bar (expensive though, and not great for filled bars where pressure of vacuum can cause problems).

mary amsterdam
@mary-amsterdam
12/12/12 02:14:48PM
25 posts

you could try cello sheets. Nashville Wraps sells them. you can "wrap" the chocolate pretty quickly and they don't wrinkle like foil, and you can use a label to seal them up.

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
12/12/12 05:24:21PM
527 posts

A roll of BOP tube and a heat sealer is super easy, and a better seal than foil. You can also put your own sticker on it. A lot of bars are being sealed thatway today. While it's done by machine on a huge assembly line, the premise is the same if you want to do it at home.

mary amsterdam
@mary-amsterdam
12/12/12 05:33:15PM
25 posts

What is BOP tube?

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
12/14/12 05:22:32PM
527 posts

http://www.super-tube.com/bopp.html

If you google it, there is a lot of information on it.

Cheers.

mary amsterdam
@mary-amsterdam
12/14/12 05:28:42PM
25 posts

thanks. i had googled it, but only used one "p" and got lots of weird stuff :)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores