Fruit ganache query

Paul John Kearins
@paul-john-kearins
08/05/13 06:37:08PM
46 posts
I have a couple of fruit pure based ganaches in my assortment and I want to smooth them out for a more luxurious mouthfeel . I created them as a non-dairy addition to the assortment so I don't want to add butter. Any ideas what I can do to fatten them up? I thought refined coconut oil but not sure if that would dilute the intense fruit flavor too much . I'm using a ratio of 1500g callebaut 811 to 1000g fruit pure .
updated by @paul-john-kearins: 04/16/15 11:24:23AM
Jayne Hoadley
@jayne-hoadley
08/11/13 10:24:17AM
8 posts
Hi Paul. I do not make dairy free, however one of my colleagues does. She uses coconut oil, and palm oil. Also, I'm sure you like 811. It's a great versatile chocolate with good flavor, however I'm going to suggest that you try using a different chocolate with a more "fatty" mouthfeel to begin with. I am not a "purist", if you will, so in my kitchen I use Callebaut, Cocoa Barry, Valhrona, and Felchlin depending on the product I am making and the desired result. You may want to check out Felchlin. They have wonderful chocolate and it is top quality. It is a Swiss chocolate and has an extremely smooth mouth feel.Good luck.J
Paul John Kearins
@paul-john-kearins
08/11/13 10:27:30AM
46 posts
Thanks! As you've probably gathered this ties in with the review I mentioned.... I did add some coconut oil and its much more "unctuous" ... Thanks for the response !

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores