Chocovision X3210 Tempering without Seed chocolate

James Strong
@james-strong
10/12/13 06:53:18PM
5 posts

Who has used the X3210 or Delta Tempering machine without using Seed chocolate?

I searched the sight and didn't get any detailed info on a method.

Please share with us your methods in detail! Thanks, James

updated by @james-strong: 04/09/15 07:09:20PM
James Strong
@james-strong
10/13/13 02:16:19PM
5 posts

Excuse me Clay this should have been in Tech help.

So what I have gleaned from the sight is: if using a stone grinder (melanger) and have chocolate in a liquid state poured into the Chocovision X3210 I need to use seed chocolate. That seed chocolate would be from a previous batch that I could hand temper. Any TIPS would still be appreciated and ratios of how much seed to a batch of 3lbs of chocolate...

Larry2
@larry2
10/13/13 03:39:39PM
110 posts
While I've never made chocolate from beans I don't see why you would need seed. Yes the revolation machines are made for seeding but type V crystals can be a product of time temp and agitation. I'd just melt your chocolate then bring it down in temp as low as it will go. I know the bowl won't turn below a certain temp but cooling the chocolate will give you many forms of cocoa butter crystals. (Like tempering on a slab). Then heat the chocolate to 89 or 90 to melt the type I - IV crystals. Then viola your chocolate is tempered.Check out this link. http://chocolatealchemy.com/illustrated-tempering/
Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
10/14/13 10:32:07PM
191 posts

Hi James. Larry's right. You don't necessarily have to use seed chocolate in the x3210 or Delta, but it does make things go a lot quicker. When I do test batches, I just melt to 108, cool to 82 or 83 and then warm to 89 or 90. I'll usually let it run at 89 or 90 for 10 minutes or so to make sure that it's all the same temperature. After that, I'll test and it's usually in temper at that point. If not, I'll just let it run for a few more minutes.

Russ Apotheker
@russ-apotheker
10/22/13 11:26:40PM
12 posts

I use the rev delta and have yet to seed my chocolate. I use the temper 2 setting (brings the chocolate down to 85 and then ramps back to 88.7). Pretty much perfect every time. Have you tried a batch without seeding? If so what were your results?

James Strong
@james-strong
10/22/13 11:54:29PM
5 posts

Thanks Larry, Ben & Russ, I have had good results with adding chocolate from my Stone grinder at around 110 F, then setting the machine down to 82F, then setting temp up to 90 F for a finished temper. Great results so far...

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores