Johnson Temperature Controller

Jennifer Smith
@jennifer-smith
09/17/15 12:47:12AM
13 posts

I currently use an undercounter refrigerator with a Johnson temperature controller as a storage unit for my chocolate. I need more storage space and I'm wondering if anyone is doing the same, but with a full size commercial refrigerator? If so, can you tell me how well it is working for you?  How are you dealing with humidity issues?  Are there any special issues to consider?

Thank you!

Robert O'Byrnes
@robert-obyrnes
09/17/15 12:41:57PM
9 posts

Jennifer, I'm using a Johnson temperature controller in a 3 door Continental refrigerator.  I run a temperature of 45F and the humidity is 35 with no problems

Jennifer Smith
@jennifer-smith
09/17/15 12:47:19PM
13 posts

Thanks Robert!  I appreciate the feedback.

Clay Gordon
@clay
09/17/15 07:47:26PM
1,680 posts

Jennifer -

You can get residential chest freezers really quite inexpensively. They do require a little more thinking about how you pack stuff into them, but it's hard to beat the cost per cu ft. The Johnson controllers work with these quite well.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Jennifer Smith
@jennifer-smith
09/17/15 10:09:47PM
13 posts

Thanks Clay - That's a great idea!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores