Panning techniques and products

Tony.n
@tonny
10/05/15 10:46:29AM
54 posts

Hello Experts,

I've purchased recently a Twirlo Coating Machine with both SS & Copper kettles 7 Litter each (I have also and Sprayer head connected via heated hose from my Savage tank). I would like to coat Nuts and Coffee beans and possibly at a later stage dried fruits, caramels, marzipans, and Jordan Almonds. Any advice where to start (I need a jumpstart on techniques), do you know any supplier(s) in the US where I can buy quality ingredients?

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

Tony 

Larry2
@larry2
10/05/15 01:15:44PM
110 posts

Tony,

here's a link to a TheChocolateLife discussion with a wealth of technique information.

You've probably already seen it, but I wanted to share it anyway.

In this discussion Jim Greenberg suggested using centerchem.com to acquire polishes etc. I just requested samples from them and am looking foward to playing. I just picked up a Kitchen Aid panning drum and while it is itty bity, it will be good enough to learn on.

Thanks,

Larry

Tony.n
@tonny
10/05/15 03:38:59PM
54 posts

Thanks Larry, I've just read the material (Good stuff to Start). I've also ordered samples as well and will share results once done.

Tony

Gap
@gap
10/05/15 04:35:52PM
182 posts

Jean-Marie Auboine runs good panning workshops (depending on your budget)

https://www.jmauboinechocolates.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=10

Tony.n
@tonny
10/05/15 06:58:30PM
54 posts

Thanks for sharing Gap! The November class is full; but, I will keep it in mind for the next workshop.

Tony 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores