Cocoatown Grindeur Help

Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/11/16 07:46:42
8 posts

Hey,

Have a used ECGC 65A Ive recently hooked up with single to 3 phase control box. It makes a high pitched whine when the motor is turned on, and the pitch changes with the frequency control knob. It is very annoying. I am in contact with an electrician and Cocoatown, but was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with fixing this. Thanks.

Clay Gordon
@clay
02/11/16 08:04:05
1,680 posts

What is making the whine? The motor or the phase converter?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/11/16 08:40:11
8 posts

The noise originates from the motor area. I've done a belt change, oil check, and greased any parts that seem relevant. The noise does not happen when you simply spin the drum. 

Logan

PeterK
@peterk
02/11/16 19:18:05
17 posts

This is a common situation with a VFD, the motor amplifies the carrier frequency and voila you have noise. Simplest possible solutions include changing the carrier frequency ( usually set in parameters for your drive, just raise it slightly, or sometimes it is possible to minimize the noise by increasing/decreasing the distance from VFD to motor. Best thing to do would be to talk to your electrician about this as there are many variables, you could need a combination of them to reduce the noise. First thing- self adjust the carrier frequency slightly higher to see if it helps (in your drive manual). Note: the noise never goes away it just gets adjusted beyond your hearing limits ( your dog will still complain). Or you could just get a pair of earmuffs (which was our solution, I wasn't about to spend the time to figure it out)

updated by @peterk: 02/13/16 14:00:11
Tony.n
@tonny
02/12/16 09:43:52
54 posts

Can you send a quick video? 

Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/12/16 12:56:01
8 posts

Hey,

Peter, could you elaborate on the possible solutions youre proposing? I am unfamiliar with those terms and how to proceed.

As for the second option, just move the grindeur further from the control panel?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.