Cocoatown Grindeur Help

Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/11/16 09:46:42AM
8 posts

Hey,

Have a used ECGC 65A Ive recently hooked up with single to 3 phase control box. It makes a high pitched whine when the motor is turned on, and the pitch changes with the frequency control knob. It is very annoying. I am in contact with an electrician and Cocoatown, but was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with fixing this. Thanks.

Clay Gordon
@clay
02/11/16 10:04:05AM
1,680 posts

What is making the whine? The motor or the phase converter?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/11/16 10:40:11AM
8 posts

The noise originates from the motor area. I've done a belt change, oil check, and greased any parts that seem relevant. The noise does not happen when you simply spin the drum. 

Logan

PeterK
@peterk
02/11/16 09:18:05PM
17 posts

This is a common situation with a VFD, the motor amplifies the carrier frequency and voila you have noise. Simplest possible solutions include changing the carrier frequency ( usually set in parameters for your drive, just raise it slightly, or sometimes it is possible to minimize the noise by increasing/decreasing the distance from VFD to motor. Best thing to do would be to talk to your electrician about this as there are many variables, you could need a combination of them to reduce the noise. First thing- self adjust the carrier frequency slightly higher to see if it helps (in your drive manual). Note: the noise never goes away it just gets adjusted beyond your hearing limits ( your dog will still complain). Or you could just get a pair of earmuffs (which was our solution, I wasn't about to spend the time to figure it out)

updated by @peterk: 02/13/16 04:00:11PM
Tony.n
@tonny
02/12/16 11:43:52AM
54 posts

Can you send a quick video? 

Logan Byrd
@logan-byrd
02/12/16 02:56:01PM
8 posts

Hey,

Peter, could you elaborate on the possible solutions youre proposing? I am unfamiliar with those terms and how to proceed.

As for the second option, just move the grindeur further from the control panel?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores