Controlling Santha off/on switch from afar

LLY
@lly
05/04/16 02:33:59AM
52 posts

Hi,

Is there anybody who try to measure the temperature of the chocolate in the grinder and was able to control off/on button from afar like an application in the cell phone?

I'm asking this question because my way to temper the chocolate in the hot and humid area that I live in is to leave the chocolate inside in a place with a minimum of air flow and let it cool for around 10 hours to approximately 28C (depending in the chocolate type) in then turn it on again for about 30 minutes till I reach working temperature.

Control the device from cell phone will remarkably ease my life.

I will be happy to hear comments.

Thank's 

José Crespo
@jos-crespo
05/04/16 08:55:07AM
21 posts

You can use something like this  or commission/build a custom micro controller (arduino/Rpi) with temperature sensors to trigger on/off events on a relay board automatically or remotely.

I'm curious that you mention taking the temperature of a grinder first but then you state that you leave the chocolate to cool and the "turn on" something to heat it back up?

Is it the grinder or other device/appliance? 

updated by @jos-crespo: 06/23/16 10:58:19PM
LLY
@lly
05/04/16 10:42:38AM
52 posts

Thank you,

I hope I understand your question: friction forces when the grinder operate bring the temperature up quickly, no other devices are needed

José Crespo
@jos-crespo
05/04/16 11:25:28AM
21 posts

Oh, understood.

I thought that maybe the chocolate starts to cool and solidify in the 10 hours and somehow the grinder is unable to start. (don't know its capacity/power)

Also thought you were referring to some other separate heating appliance.

updated by @jos-crespo: 06/23/16 10:52:57PM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores