Cocoatown Stone Re-grinding

Paul Picton
@paul-picton
07/22/16 11:35:53AM
11 posts

Hello. After two years of constant use, the stones in my large cocoatown grinder is very smooth. The smooth seems to contribute to more roller sticking and less smoothness in the chocolate. Has anyone re-roughened the surface of these stones? Any thoughts, comments?

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
10/03/16 09:32:18PM
36 posts

Hi Paul, did you find an answer to your question? I am interested in your discovery if it makes a difference or not, intuitively I would say the rollers need to be resurfaced to introduce some gripping texture but let me know what is the case for you. Appreciate it.

Paul Picton:

Hello. After two years of constant use, the stones in my large cocoatown grinder is very smooth. The smooth seems to contribute to more roller sticking and less smoothness in the chocolate. Has anyone re-roughened the surface of these stones? Any thoughts, comments?

Paul Picton
@paul-picton
10/31/16 11:44:51AM
11 posts

I have not found an answer nor any community best practices. I will raise the question at the Northwest Chocolate Festival in two weeks.

Garçoa
@garcoa
01/26/17 02:37:27AM
3 posts

Hi, just came across this discussion and was wondering, if you could get some new information at the Festival?

Paul Picton
@paul-picton
01/26/17 10:33:15AM
11 posts

I have no further information. I am continuing to use the stones as they are - 15,000 hours since new. 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores