Food safe practices when airbrushing.

Sarah4
@sarah4
04/01/11 03:07:03AM
1 posts

I'm inspired to have an airbrush in my chocolate design tool kit. My concern is oil or moisture, from the compressor, will compromise food safety. High quality traps will remove the majority ofbacteria breeding environments but a system that generates 'pure air' pushes way past my budget.

Does anyone have more information on the standard systems used for airbrushing chocolates or the health risks involved in using compressors?

updated by @sarah4: 04/16/15 05:51:25PM
Kerry
@kerry
04/02/11 09:08:08AM
288 posts
I'd say the health risks are more significant to the person airbrushing - coloured fat aerosolized and being inhaled is likely not safe. I wear a mask appropriate for those particles when airbrushing.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Laura Marion
@laura-marion
04/25/11 09:16:52AM
27 posts
yes i am with kerry on this one i work with an airbrush 2-3 days a week when working with it i am in a spray both with a extraction fan & i wear a face mask. i have a very big compressor and i do release the moisture that come from the air out of the air lines once every few days

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores