ACMC Tabletop Chocolate Tempering Machine Digital Temperature Readout 6 lb capacity

Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
06/15/11 04:16:31AM
83 posts

Hi, I'm very new to this chocolate making (apart from a little "playing with it as a hobby) Can anyone tell me more about the ACMC Tabletop Chocolate Tempering Machine Digital Temperature Readout 6 lb capacity. Is it a good one, does it have an agitator or do you have to stir it yourself. Money is very tight and this price is closer to what I can afford as many others I have look at.

Thanks

Magriet

updated by @magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis: 04/11/15 05:42:50AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
06/15/11 08:51:34AM
194 posts
It is an ok temperer. The bowl rotates with a divider in the middle to keep the lump chocolate from the melted. It doesn't hold very much but maintains the temp well. A bit bulky. One thing to consider--the heat source is light bulbs and they are being discontinued in the next few years.
06/15/11 09:21:17AM
83 posts
Thanks Ruth. So, maybe it is not such a good idea. I will have to look at my finances once again.
Richard Foley
@richard-foley
06/15/11 06:30:50PM
48 posts
Good little machine for home use and does a good job tempering. Small table top size. If you are an at home chocolatier ok but if you are serious then find a better machine and larger capacity.Most chefs just use a good warming kettle and temper by hand by seeding the chocolate and mixing.I never thought about that light bulb heater thing, that could be an issue in a few years when they are all gone. Hilliards run on bulbs also. Hmmm.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
06/15/11 07:22:16PM
158 posts
Great starter machine, we outgrew it in about a year and now we use it for keeping tempered white chocolate. Certainly served its purpose to get us off the ground. Now we use 80-lb Hilliard's machines for dark & milk.
06/16/11 08:51:18AM
83 posts
Thanks Richard, I think I will start out with a warming kettle. I see you can get quite large ones for much less. Maybe I will stick to the old bain marie method for not.
06/16/11 08:52:18AM
83 posts
Thaks cheebs, maybe I'll wait a little as I said to Richard. I am scared about the bulb issue.
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
06/16/11 10:05:06AM
158 posts
I think the bulb thing is a non-issue. There are industrial applications that will require incandescent bulbs for years to come. Also, other countries will be very slow to follow suit. We have a 10-15 year window at least before they start becoming scarce.
06/17/11 05:10:39AM
83 posts
Thanks cheebs, you are probably right, and living in South Africa it should probably be even longer before it becomes a problem

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores