Bloom Resistance

margaret2
@margaret2
03/02/12 12:35:39AM
11 posts

I just finished reading about a technique that says raising the temperature of your finished chocolate to 89.6-95 F for 80 minutes can postpone bloom development for one year. Has anyone ever tried this? Ever heard of this?

I'm very interested in hearing any success with postponing bloom for as long as possible.

Any special cooling tips?

thanks

updated by @margaret2: 04/22/15 07:22:41AM
Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
10/04/12 06:08:22PM
58 posts

I leave my chocolate in the melter for hours , tempered and untempered, and it still blooms if cooled improperly or doing a bad tempering. Since blooming is caused by improper crystallization I dont think keeping it at a certain temp (other than the advised storage temp) can make chocolate bloom resistant.

Sebastian
@sebastian
10/05/12 07:14:05AM
754 posts
Yes. In order for it to work you're going to have to have a very well, and controlled , tempering process in place. Frankly for the small mfr, I'd suggest using chocolate with at least 3% free milk fat, and focus on controlling your post tempering storage conditions vs doing the above. That is, of course, for products that dont contain a lot of nuts.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores