Recommendations for visiting San Blas and finding cacao?

Hazel Lee
@hazel-lee
12/02/14 09:51:26AM
1 posts

I studied a little about the Kuna Indians and the effect of their cacao drink on cardiovascular health at university. I have decided to visit San Blasthis Christmas as part of a 4 week trip. Although there seems to be a lot of info on the studies of Kuna Indians and their cacao consumption, there seems to be little or no mention of cacao on any San Blas tourist websites.

I've booked into a tour and really hope to find something when I'm there, but wondering if anyone has any recommendations or contacts that they can share which mayhelp mefind cacao on San Blas?

Thanks!

updated by @hazel-lee: 05/05/15 03:01:31PM
TalamancaOrganica
@talamanca-organica-cacao-fine-chocolate
12/25/14 05:58:18PM
12 posts
We have a nice selection of 2014 beans here in puerto VIEJO Talamanca, Limon, Costa Rica just across the boarder of Panama. 011-506-8563-2790 . Thanks
Michellez
@michelle6
01/02/16 03:34:16PM
2 posts

Hi Hazel. Did you go to Panama? I dont think san blas has cacao plantations. Bocas del toro does.

What exactly are you looking for? I'm from Panama.

my email is Michelle@sweets507.com

Mr. Brian Wallace
@mr-brian-wallace
01/03/16 08:29:34PM
9 posts

We had a hard time finding anything related to cacao in San Blas, though it was still one of the most awe-inspiring places I've been to on the entire planet. The next time I visit I'm hoping to stay off the islands and explore the mainland a bit more, with hopes that I'll be able to find cacao there. Check Bocas del Toro, Almirante, and across the border in Talamanca (Costa Rica) for lots of great cacao. There are lots of options in these areas that aren't too hard to find.. I'm at me@brianwallace.com if you'd like more details. Happy travels. 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores