Traveling to Dominican Republic and to source organic cacao. Can you help me?

Melanie Flores
@melanie-flores
07/30/09 13:03:59
2 posts
i will be taking a trip to the dominican republic this august for one week. I will be in the south central region. does anyone have any information and/or contacts for organic cacao beans over there? any help is greatly appreciated!thanks,-melanie
updated by @melanie-flores: 04/22/15 01:50:30
Francisco Pache
@francisco-pache
04/13/11 08:27:04
6 posts

Hello Malenie,

How are you?

I can see that you already travelled to Dominican Republic on 2009 and I am planning to go on May.

I would like to know if you visited some plantations over there (organic and no organic) and maybe you can recommend me where to go!!!

I want to visit plantations and open relationship with beans suppliers. And off course I want to learn the hole process of cocoa bean (fermented and dried beans).

Well...

Look forward for your comments...

Thanx

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/13/11 21:31:16
754 posts
You could contact the Rizeks, the Roigs, or the Concanado co-op to start with. All have websites.
Eric Durtschi
@eric-durtschi
04/15/11 11:32:06
38 posts

The names listed below are good. I already have sources of organic hispanola beans if you are interested. However, I am sure you want to get down there and see the whole process anyway. :-) Let me know if I can help in any way

Eric

Francisco Pache
@francisco-pache
04/15/11 12:15:01
6 posts

Thank you very much Sebastian!!!

I already talked to Nazario RIZEK and made an appointment in their offices in Santo Domngo. They will also take me to the "fincas" inside the country and spend the hole day!!! So your contact is excellent.

Thanks a lot!

Francisco Pache
@francisco-pache
04/15/11 12:16:37
6 posts

Hello Eric,

Thanks a lot for your comment.

I am interested if you have other sources of cocoa beans (organic and no organic).

Off course I want to see the hole process and I would like to visit them.

I have a hole week to travel all around Dominican Republic and visit growers and plantations.

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/16/11 02:24:52
754 posts

I would urge you to NOT let one organization know you're going to talk with the other organizations there.

Who did you speak with at Rizek - Masimillano (Max)? Ask him about his DVD to get the 'non business' relationship growing 8-)

Francisco Pache
@francisco-pache
04/18/11 07:28:17
6 posts

For the moment, nobody knows who I am going to visit.

I spoke to Chalyin and Yissel from RIZEK. They will take me to the fincas.

Maybe they can give me the DVD as well as Maximiliano..

Thanx!!

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/18/11 11:09:12
1,680 posts

Francisco -

You might also want to get in touch with ChocolateLife member Vaagn (member name: Marabel Farms). They have a plantation along the north coast.

:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Francisco Pache
@francisco-pache
04/18/11 12:23:23
6 posts

Very good to know that!

I will contact him.

Thank you very much.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.