Central America Cruise

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
02/03/10 10:56:30AM
194 posts
My husband and I are going on a Panama Cruise, starting in San Diego,ending in Fort Lauderdale. We stop in Cabo, Acapulco, Huatulco Mexico,Puntarenas Costa Rica, Cristobal Panama, and Cartagena Columbia. We areonly in port for the day in most cases. I would like to "write the tripoff" if possible by visiting anything chocolate. Anyone aware ofanything or anyone I could visit in any of these ports to justify thetrip? I am guessing cacao is grown in most of the countries, but Idon't want to get too creative in my justification:-). Any ideas?
updated by @ruth-atkinson-kendrick: 04/10/15 12:42:52PM
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
02/03/10 01:18:57PM
158 posts
That seems pretty difficult. Unless you can find a chocolate or cacao related business right in port, you just won't have the time. I know several cacao plantations and chocolatiers in Costa Rica, but they are all inland.
Jesse Blenn
@jesse-blenn
02/06/10 12:21:42PM
3 posts
That is true, and though you may find an occasional tree around Puntarenas, it is doubtful there are plantations due the drier climate. Possibly you could jump ship and travel overland from Puntarenas to Cristobal, which would allow you to see some things, including my farm if you like. I have a few hundred trees here about 20 km inland from Dominical (south of Quepos, south of Puntarenas). At worst, if you have never seen (or sucked on) real cacao and can give me an address in Puntarenas to forward to, I could send you some pods for the cost of postage....jesse blenn

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores