upcoming trip to Zurich/suggestions for chocolate-related places to visit

Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
06/16/10 12:57:37PM
92 posts

Hi,

I have an upcoming trip to Zurich and have been looking into chocolate-related places to visit. It appears that the Lindt factory chocolate tour is closed so I am looking for other suggestions. Are there any other manufacturers in that area (or a train ride away) that are interesting to visit? Any special chocolate shops that stand out above the rest of the crowd? I'm also open to hearing about any other ideas of things to do and see. I've been doing a little bit of research online but 1st hand perspective is always better.

Thanks,

Andrea

updated by @andrea-bauer: 04/16/15 05:48:18PM
Kristina
@kristina
06/17/10 06:25:52AM
21 posts
Hi Andrea,Lindt still has a great factory shop in Kilchberg. Speaking about manufacturers there aren;t many in Switzerland, and the famous Sprngli (Bahnofstrae/Paradenplatz) seems to work with chocolate produced by Felchlin, like most chocolatiers there. However there some shops/boutiques for artisan chocolates, besides the chains Mercury, where you can find most of Swiss factory made chocolate brands, and Teuscher, Right now I remember only Truffe in Schlsselgasse, where I was just last Friday :) and got the last bar of Porcelana by Idillio.Let me know, if you would like to get some addresses.Kristina
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
06/18/10 06:54:15PM
92 posts
Thanks for the response. No need for any addresses. I can probably figure that out once I am there. I guess I was looking more for artisinal chocolate makers as opposed to any large-scale manufacturers. Hopefully I'll stumble across a few interesting places while I am out and about.Thanks,Andrea
Kristina
@kristina
06/19/10 02:00:57AM
21 posts
Well, Zrich isn't a "chocolaty" place in this sence - "we are known for the best factory made chocolate in the world". Sprngli seems to be enough .... And every Merkur presents truffes and chocolates by Lderach.But check this one - I was going to but it wasn't right thing relying on the address and not taking it.:Vollenweider Chocolatier ConfiseurTheaterstrasse 18001 ZrichAnd at Baur au Lac - http://www.bauraulac.ch/en - at least one really great artisan chocolatier started his carier.
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
06/19/10 12:14:26PM
92 posts
OK - sounds good. I'll definitely check them out. It does seem like Zurich would be all about the chocolate not so much apparently. I'm sure there are a few gems out there and I'll try to find them.Thanks again,Andrea

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores