What's on YOUR chocolate bucket list?

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/31/11 04:52:53PM
1,680 posts

Okay, I am neither Jack Nicholson for Morgan Freeman and I don't have a note from a doctor saying my time on earth is coming to an end anytime soon.

I have done a lot in the last 17 years that I've been involved with the wonderful world of chocolate - traveled to about a dozen countries (not nearly enough), met a lot of people (but not all of them), ate A LOT of chocolate (some bad, but most good). And every time I turn around, there's some new place or person to visit and some new chocolate to try.

I definitely want to visit Bali, never been there, and I have always loved the chocolate made from the beans that come from Java, Surabaya, and elsewhere in the region. I have some good friends there and know a top pastry chef at a top hotel so I know I can eat and sleep well in addition to roughing it in the countryside.

But what about you? What's on your Chocolate Bucket (not Charlie Bucket) List?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 06/01/15 05:41:43PM
Dallas Chocolate / Sander Wolf
@dallas-chocolate-sander-wolf
01/31/11 06:12:45PM
5 posts
I'd like to try the fruit of a cocao pod -- the white squishy stuff.
Wendy Buckner
@wendy-buckner
02/06/11 03:05:25AM
35 posts
Well...there are so many things I want to do! Places to go, things to make, Chocolatiers to meet... But...the dorky side of me cant wait to visit the Chocolate amusement park in Amsterdam...if it ever opens! :)
Bruce Toy (Coppeneur)
@bruce-toy-coppeneur
02/07/11 12:54:09AM
15 posts

1) Savour the Salon du Chocolat in Paris

2) Visit a cocoa plantation

3) Expose the psychopathic nature of the Multinational Chocolate Corporations.

1545-image824_resized.jpg

1547-1_Ecuador_HaciendaLaraPlacopy.jpg

Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
02/07/11 01:53:39AM
104 posts
Think that Chocolate Museum in Peru is a good excuse to finally see Machu Pichu as well.
Roxanne Browning
@roxanne-browning
02/14/11 09:44:28PM
12 posts
Volunteer to work in a cocoa plantation. Being part of the tree to bar process. And of course, eating the white squishy stuff.
Roxanne Browning
@roxanne-browning
04/02/11 11:51:49AM
12 posts
I can mark off volunteering on a cocoa plantation, will go to the Amazon this June at the Kallari co-op!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores