Sourcing Ecuadorian Cacao

Jeff Stern
@jeff-stern
06/13/11 02:54:54PM
78 posts
Ecuador is the worlds largest grower of fine flavor cocoa. This comes with a caveat, however; if you dont know your way around you can easily end up with a mix of true Nacional beans and CCN-51, or CCN-51 beans being passed off as something else, which will in turn affect the final quality of your product. Also, you need to know if the beans youre buying have been properly fermented and dried. If youre interested in visiting Ecuador just to get to know the cocoa and chocolate industry up close, or to buy beans direct from the source, or a bit of both, please give me a shout. I have over 5 years experience in Ecuador in the cocoa/chocolate industry and numerous industry contacts at all levels. I also offer training in chocolate and confectionery (specifically pralines/filled chocolates, enrobing, etc) and can custom tailor an itinerary to meet your needs. We are experienced in logistics and import/export as well to help expedite delivery of your beans.
updated by @jeff-stern: 04/29/15 07:35:28AM
Chad Settlemier
@chad-settlemier
07/05/11 01:27:10PM
1 posts
Can you sell me Nacional pods ready for planting the beans? Is their other heirloom varieties available or is Nacional the only "heirloom" variety?Thanks!Chad
Panod
@panod
10/21/12 12:05:49AM
17 posts

Do you supply small batches of fermented cocoa beans? About 10lb?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores