Reached our Kickstarter Goal!

Beryl Wells Hamilton2
@beryl-wells-hamilton2
08/10/14 08:45:16PM
5 posts

Howdy, chocophiles!

Meadowlands Chocolate's Kickstarter Project has exceeded its goal and we have six days to go! We'll be able to buy our first order of beans in bulk in four origins, plus four new machines, a 10-lb capacity temperer, and more. We'd love to go beyond the goal so we can purchase more equipment and supplies, like more stainless steel tables and storage shelves for our tiny kitchen. The chocolate rewards include all four of our original origins, and Madagascar origin if we go over $10,000.

I found a great quote about craft chocolate and wanted to share it here:

"There is a growing movement, led by chocolate makers (typically small companies at this point), that forges direct relationships with cacao farmers and cooperatives in order to secure fine cacao for their flavorful chocolate. Direct trade supports farmers--to the tune of many TIMES the commodity price--so that farmers may support the beautiful chocolate made from their beans. This is the way to go.

Support craft chocolate--it's helping to preserve cacao, farmers' livelihoods, the rainforest, and your health. I promise it's the tastiest ethical choice you'll ever make." - Bar Cacao

Link to article by Kelsey Timmerman (source for Bar Cacao comment)

Link to our Kickstarter Project

Thank you!

Beryl and Clyo, craft chocolate makers

Meadowlands Chocolate

updated by @beryl-wells-hamilton2: 04/22/15 10:09:37AM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores