Vivid metaphors

ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/04/08 05:45:03PM
251 posts
I love vivid and moving descriptions of chocolate! They can conjure up images that really capture what you're experiencing. Vivid metaphors enhance pleasure by intensifying the experience through the imagination. Have you read (or written) any good ones lately? I've got several to share.
updated by @chocofiles: 04/09/15 01:54:03PM
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/04/08 05:48:24PM
251 posts
While tasting Amedei's I-Cru Trinidad I just read this:"That's not what you'll remember. Instead it will be that sensation of diving into a field of raspberries, like a sunny July day with all the berries at their peak of freshness and screaming to be eaten right off the bush."by Alex Rast at seventypercent.com
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/05/08 08:19:28AM
251 posts
Here's a classic from Cybele at Candy Blog . She writes about the Bonnat 100% Cacao bar-"this is like Phillip Glass & Stephen Sondheim collaborating on some sort of atonal opera about database programmers performed by deaf alley cats in a poorly ventilated auditorium with squeaky chairs that pinch. Its probably a wonderful intellectual experiment, but its not an enjoyable physical one."
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/06/08 05:30:06PM
251 posts
I read this today about Amedei's I-Cru Madagascar ...Madagascar is truly a beautiful young virgin bride in her wedding dress. - by Alex Rast at seventypercent.com
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/07/08 08:03:39AM
251 posts
I think that Rachel Rifat is being modest. She should've posted her review of Hershey's Bliss on her blog Chocolate Snob . It's longer, but one of the most creative and entertaining that I've read:"dear hershey,last night, when you came back into my life, i was unsure about letting you in... but you tempted me. you just had to wear that flashy pink outfit with sparkles and tell me that you have changed...having grown up together, our history has been long, fun, and complex. i still remember the good times when we made s'mores at camp; the funny times when you bumped into that guy's peanut butter; and the scary times when i snuck you into china.last night's moment we shared on the sofa was full of suspense. when i started opening your package, i knew i should have stopped - - - but i had to keep going...as we started kissing, i noticed that you did not have any distinctive flavor. you were just too sweet and you left a weird sugary taste in my throat. by the way, what was with that nut residue? it felt like you slipped me a peanut m&m.sorry hershey, but i am still not ready for us to get back together... you pretended to be something you are not or maybe it is the other's in my life who take me on adventures and find ways to indulge me.i hope we can still be friends,hugs and kisses,rachel "
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/09/08 08:53:59AM
251 posts
Here's one of my own, from my database, on the taste of Amedei Porcelana-"Elegant and sophisticated, yet delicate and gentle, like a Duchess of 1800s British royalty."
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/13/08 11:27:09AM
251 posts
"Ever wondered what a chocolate-covered steel girder would taste like? Heres your answer."by Hans-Peter Rot describing Venchi Cuor di Cacao 85% in his article at "Cocoa Content", The Worlds Worst Chocolate Bars, Part 1 That question cracked me up! I have to admit that I've never wondered that.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/13/08 11:36:00AM
251 posts
"The chocolate will literally make you cringe in pain as the bitterness rails through your spine, rendering nerves and shattering bone along the way."by Hans-Peter Rot, on Slitti Gran Cacao 100% in his article " The Worlds Worst Chocolate Bars, Part 2 "How yummy! I can't wait to try this experience!
Rumi
@rumi
06/13/08 01:34:23PM
2 posts
I recently came across this image that was designed to make references to wine descriptors and I find it interesting for describing chocolate, too. It's definitely more visually (rather than metaphorically) vivid, but I thought I'd share.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
06/28/08 09:16:31AM
251 posts
"friend's notes: wood from a coffin that's had a corpse in it for a year, final note of cockroach"About the flavor of Chocolove Sao Tome 2005by Casey at The Chocolate Note
Soft centred
@soft-centred
07/30/08 06:08:32AM
8 posts
Here's one of my own, from my book The Language of Chocolates: "The best way to eat a ganache is to let it slowly deliquesce on the tongue like a communion wafer".
Teresa Cordero Cordell
@teresa-cordero-cordell
10/09/08 11:36:37AM
13 posts
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
02/21/11 08:52:59PM
251 posts

From Lee at Chocolate Reviews on the Prestat Choxi 70% Dark with Oriental Mint bar

"The first thought I got when I tried it was of the suburbs of Prague which I visited some fourteen years ago. Back then they hadnt been out of communist rule long and certainly hadnt any concept of environmental protection. This bar reminded me of the acrid aroma of those industrial districts that I got lost in. I found it difficult to breathe then and I find it similarly hard to swallow this chocolate."

ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
03/11/11 12:17:56PM
251 posts

By Lee McCoy review of The Chocolate Cafe 70% Dark Chocolate

"Other times I like a warm blanket of chocolate that comes with a head massage and being told the tax man is giving you a rebate. This is that sort of chocolate."

Jeff
@jeff
03/12/11 07:38:24PM
94 posts
and that begs to question....do we eat it or sleep with it???
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/13/11 11:51:57AM
1,680 posts
To which question there is but one reply, "Yes."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Emay Wang
@emay-wang
04/20/11 05:53:48PM
8 posts

I went to 2011 San Francisco International Chocolate Salon, something I would like to share:

Fine chocolate is expensive, but less expensive than therapy - a visitor's T-shirt

ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
05/26/11 12:16:11AM
251 posts

"This is more of a beautiful girl next door than a Cheryl Cole with her hoard of image consultants dictating her appearance."

by Lee McCoy of Chocolate Reviews on Mast Brothers Chuao

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores