Closed Sourcing chocolate in Uganda or Tanzania

Alice Taylor
@alice-taylor
09/16/13 05:31:28AM
1 posts

Hello all, new to here. I am making homemade chocolates in Kenya, but the cost of chocolate is prohibitive here. Does anyone know where I can get it in Uganda/Tanzania? At the moment I am looking to buy large blocks of 70-80% chocolate.

updated by @alice-taylor: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Julie Fisher
@julie-fisher
09/20/13 03:20:45AM
33 posts

Cacao is actually grown in Uganda and Tanzania, so it ought to be possible to buy cacao beans direct from the farms.

Now if you are only able to work with blocks of chocolate mass, then it must surely be possible to arrange a deal with a chocolate maker, who wants good cacao beans and or a contact locally. to swap one for the other in some way. I know that this may be a lot more involved than you had intended. But otherwise, that is why you have to pay so much more.

I would seriously look at the possibility of working with beans direct from the farm.

stephen sembuya
@stephen-sembuya
09/25/13 12:08:50PM
5 posts

Hello Alice, just seen your post inquiring about chocolates. Am from Uganda and i would gladly give you free cocoa beans samples from my farm. It will be cheaper for you to make the chocolates. You can reach me on steve@pinkfoodsindustries.com or Tel: +256-774-133427

Regards,

Stephen Sembuya

C.E.O- PINK FOODS IND

Gabriel Metz
@gabriel-metz
09/24/15 07:21:56AM
1 posts

Hello,

I will travel to Tanzania in October 2015, with the aim to visit cocoa farmers and learn more about cocoa plantations and post-harvest. Any suggestions of contacts would be most welcome. You can contact me by email gmetz@ecacaos.com.

updated by @gabriel-metz: 05/08/16 10:54:55PM
emile
@emile
11/02/15 10:03:43AM
5 posts

We are using the beans from Kokoa Kamilli, an excellent quality bean.

They are from Tanzania

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores