Foods That Can't Be Made Better With Chocolate (!?)

Clay Gordon
@clay
10/09/08 01:06:55PM
1,680 posts
I have to admit that my main culinary interests with chocolate are on the savory side. I have the most fun working on ways to incorporate chocolate into recipes for foods that people don't normally acquaint with chocolate, not more traditional uses.Over the past decade or so there are few foods that I have found can't be made better, in some fashion, with chocolate. In my quest I have developed a white chocolate beurre-blanc (for fish) and even a white chocolate Hollandaise (for eggs benedict but it also works well with asparagus).Recently I came across a recipe that I don't have an obvious way to improve with chocolate: the Fatty Melt - a hamburger with a bun made of grilled-cheese sandwiches.Do you have any ideas on how to improve the Fatty Melt with chocolate - or some other foods you don't think chocolate could help?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/19/15 07:55:30PM
Jon Wallace
@jon-wallace
10/10/08 09:17:00AM
1 posts
I think this chocolate aioli has some serious potential here: http://www.gastrovideo.com//view_video.php?viewkey=bcfe8450a1a41c200364
Eric Durtschi
@eric-durtschi
10/13/08 12:41:01AM
38 posts
I have actually done something with this just to mess around. I used 100% mexican tabasco beans that I ground into a liquor and used it as a spread. It was really interesting and good. Give it a try. Use the Tabasco if you can as it is a little spicy.
Teresa Cordero Cordell
@teresa-cordero-cordell
10/15/08 09:55:28PM
13 posts
It's possible to make a thick sauce of red chile or chipotle with some Mexican Chocolate. Then either layer it on the beef patty or spread it on the inside of the bread slice. It would give the FAtty Melt a smoky "mole" type flavor. If you thin out the sauce, you could turn it into an au jus type of dipping sauce as well.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores