Kallari Chocolate

Emily
@emily
01/07/09 09:59:44PM
6 posts
I'm curious -- has anyone tried "Kallari Chocolate"? I first learned about the company in the New York Times. In case you're interested, here is the link to the article. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/dining/05choc.html
updated by @emily: 04/21/15 02:57:57AM
James Cary
@james-cary
01/08/09 09:49:53PM
32 posts
Yes. I picked a bar up at Whole Foods. I still have part of the bar at home. As well as my notes. :( It's a nice story, but I think the chocolate was only decent. Not much for me to write home about. :) There were 2 bars available at my local Whole Foods - the only difference I could see was in sugar content and I picked up the one with the lesser amount of sugar.
Emily
@emily
01/09/09 05:49:58PM
6 posts
I had the same sort of tasting experience with "Shaman Chocolates." (also available at Whole Foods) Perhaps the company -- and others like it -- will aim to further improve their product. Thanks for the comment, James!
Will O
@will-o
01/09/09 10:16:47PM
1 posts
Yes! I tried some at the DC Green Festival in July '07. It was some of the most sublime dark chocolate I'd ever tasted, and I'm somewhat fussy about chocolate. I picked up a number of bars at the festival, and I was delighted to find out that Whole Foods is carrying it. (We don't have a Whole Foods locally, but when I travel to someplace that does, I'll be looking for them.)I'm not sure which type(s) Whole Foods is offering, but the two kinds I picked up at the festival were called Robertos Recipe and Sisa's Secret. (No, I didn't memorize this. I looked it up recently when I was trying to find some more.)There was a third kind that I sampled called Diegos Decadence. It wasn't bad, but I liked the other two better. And I was surprised at how different they were from one another. I can't describe the difference from memory, but I ordered some online recently and when I they arrive I'll try to describe the difference in words.
Emily
@emily
01/20/09 09:34:54PM
6 posts
Thanks, Will!
Richard2
@richard2
03/13/09 08:06:22PM
1 posts
"Taste" is what makes the world go round - and everyone has his or her favorites. I know what I like, and never had a great yearning for a "dark" chocolate because it was too bitter to my taste. Then came Kallari...Whole Foods had a new display and I, sans shopping list, was hungry. There were many interesting things in my bag when I got home (sound familiar?), but one was a Kallari 85% Cacao bar. To MY taste, this was a revelation, and I haven't looked back since. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Delicate, neither too sweet nor bitter. A chocolate dream to a sensitive palate.Yes, at least try it. Hope you like it even half as much as I do. The company is also really interesting - as you know. I've been there, and they're really good people.
Casey
@casey
04/14/09 09:34:44PM
54 posts
My response is that this is great chocolate, it's memorable, and here is my take, with reviews.... http://chocolatenote.blogspot.com/2009/04/kallari-chocolate.html

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores