Bodum Chocolate Jug

Teresa
@teresa
02/05/08 05:12:55PM
3 posts
Has anyone tested this little gadget yet?

The word from the manufacturer is:The manual blender of the jug mixes the chocolate powder and milk in a smooth way producing an uncongested froth without too much squirting. The cleverly devised manual blender consists of a propeller attached to a spiral rod making it a fun-to-use tool and ensuring the best mixed chocolate milk - the "sinful temptation" par exellence! The jug turns into a multi-purpose object as soon as the lid is removed, carrying any liquid from milk to lemonade to water. http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=83&LID=553&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=HFD3VT08M35C9JB2HM0AMNMUP64A5F76
updated by @teresa: 04/10/15 01:55:44PM
Lorna
@lorna
02/11/08 10:50:21PM
15 posts
We ogled this for a few minutes at Target one day. Decided it was a cross between a Mexican chocolate whisk and a french press. In true Alton Brown form, we set the unitasker back on the shelf. We use the electric whisk I got in Germany like this http://www.1ofakindstuff.com/Amazing-Cappuccino-Whisk.html . In fact, Curt just picked up another in Singapore (irresistible electronics, I suppose). Want one?
Teresa
@teresa
02/11/08 11:10:12PM
3 posts
Ah, I've been thinking about getting one of those. Turns out Williams-Sonoma is home-based in Memphis, and they had them cheap at the outlet the other day but I managed to resist. Sounds like it's worth the $10. Should I pick one up? By the way, good work resisting the unitasker!
Lorna
@lorna
02/11/08 11:17:03PM
15 posts
Yes, get one! They are great for all kinds of things a real multi-tasker. Anytime you need to do some fancy whisking, especially salad dressings. Just be sure to rinse it immediately so the fine spaces don't get all cruddy.
Sera
@sera
05/18/08 11:03:36PM
39 posts
I've been using a molinillo for frothy hot chocolate. A uni-tasker, yes, but it's very pretty. I guess I'm just old fashioned. ;)
Teresa
@teresa
05/19/08 09:15:02AM
3 posts
I love molinillos! As an anthropologist, I've recently taken to giving them as gifts to chocoholic friends with a little story about how they're probably the first hot chocolate tool invented.By the way, Lorna, I did invest in the frother, which has been great. Thanks!
Sera
@sera
05/19/08 11:44:50AM
39 posts
That's AWESOME! What a great gift idea! Where did you buy them, just curious? I got mine from mexgrocer.com.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores