Top 10 Questions You Want To Ask Michael Antonorsi of Chuao Chocolatier

Clay Gordon
@clay
02/10/08 11:33:47AM
1,680 posts
This is the first in a brand new series of discussions here on The Chocolate Life - a chance to ask questions of top chocolatiers, chocolate makers, and other people in and around the chocolate industry.Our first guest is Michael Antonorsi, one of the founders of Chuao Chocolatier.One of the reasons I have asked Michael to be the first in this series is that I noticed a lot of mention of them in various blog posts and discussions. I've known Michael for at least five years now and have seen the business grow from a small shop in a strip mall on the Pacific Coast Highway north of San Diego into a company with strong national brand-name recognition and distribution.Then, Michael will look at the questions and pick up to 10 of the most interesting ones to answer. He will write his answers, send them to me, and I will post them back here in the Forum for everyone to read and comment on.Ask away!:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/18/15 11:27:55AM
Mary-Ann Donnolo
@mary-ann-donnolo
02/11/08 12:30:28PM
3 posts
Micahel, Thanks for coming to answer our questions. I notice that you, too, started out small and have developed your brand-name to great recognition. Congrats! I just started my e-store, yet have no money to fund it. The first year friends and family were great, yet the word did not spread as I expected it to. What is the best way to go about marketing with what very little monies I have to spare at present? My goal is to make this into my new career at which I will eventually get so huge as to go international with storefronts and all.
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
02/12/08 04:25:52PM
71 posts
Michael- LOVE your banana choc0-pods- mmmmmm- thats such a nice unusual flavor . Can you PLEASE also make dark choc with banana and/or COCONUT and/or cinnamon? that would be heavenly! Thank you and best of luck with Chuao
Sera
@sera
03/03/08 11:42:37PM
39 posts
Easy, what's your favorite chocolate? :)
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/19/08 01:45:14PM
1,680 posts
THE DEADLINE TO ASK QUESTIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MARCH 27th!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
scott rosenberg
@scott-rosenberg
03/27/08 09:08:49PM
1 posts
In your estimation, what is the BEST choclate in the world?
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
03/22/10 10:52:00PM
53 posts
I know the deadline is WAY over, but I would like to know why they chose the name Chuao when making no attempt to use any Chuao? Also, do they think this is the sort of thing that might cause confusion in an industry desperate for educated customers?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores