Best Chocolates in Vienna, Venice, France?

mountain sky
@mountain-sky
03/31/09 09:40:48PM
3 posts
What chocolates should we sample in Vienna, Venice, Paris, and Nice?
updated by @mountain-sky: 04/10/15 10:02:11AM
John DePaula
@john-depaula
04/01/09 01:23:24PM
45 posts
In Paris, my top two would be: Jacques Genin and Patrick Roger.But there are many many others to try: Hevin, Herme, Marcolini, Aoki, Maison du Chocolat, Constant...Don't forget Denise Acabo's shop in the Pigalle, L'Etoile d'Or, where you can even score some Bernachon.
mountain sky
@mountain-sky
04/01/09 02:10:40PM
3 posts
Oh my, may have to stay in Paris a month! Thanks! :-)
SU
@su
04/11/09 04:19:41PM
18 posts
Was in Paris in October and the hub and I hit up: Patrick Roger (second!), Regis, Michel Chaudan (sp?), Jean-Charles Rouchoux (caramel bar, mmmmm), and Pierre Marcolini. I bought some assorted chocolates, but mostly bars -- all 65% and up. They were all exceptional.My method was to narrow to the top ten from hours of research and put stars on our map to indicate chocolatiers. We went to whoever we happened to be near in our sightseeing. Didn't got to all the best, but definitely got a spectrum.
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/11/09 06:44:25PM
1,680 posts
If you are in Nice look out for local Provence chocolatiers. Joel Durand (St Remy de Provence), Bernard Castelain (Avignon), Castelanne (Nantes - the liquid caramels are the bomb).In Montpellier look for Puyricard.Also be on the look out for a copy of Le Guide du Club du Croquers de Chocolat. It is an incomplete and totally biased guide to chocolate in France but it's the best there is. And - it's organized by city (but not be department) and they don't list anything for Nice.In Venice this is what I find but I haven't been there.Vizio VirtuSan Polo 2898a, Calle del Campaniel, close to San Toma www.viziovirtu.com Please take pix and post a report on what you find!:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/11/09 06:44:45PM
1,680 posts
It's spelled Chaudun.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
mountain sky
@mountain-sky
04/13/09 02:14:45PM
3 posts
And send samples? :-)
david castellan
@david-castellan
05/01/09 11:12:39AM
12 posts
Viziovirtu is a pretty cool little shop. Tiny but with lots of variety and on the modern side. It was one of the nicest chocolate shops we saw on a recent trip to Italy. Plus Venice is a trip in itself.
Nancy2
@nancy2
05/05/09 07:54:20PM
5 posts
hello all,For Paris try---and enjoy yourself!!!!La Maison du ChocolatAddress: 225, rue du Faubourg St. HonorMetro: Place des TermesorPatrick RogerAddress: 108, blvd. St. GermainMetro: St.-Germain-des-PrsorPierre HermAddress: 72 Rue BonaparteMetro: St.-Germain-des-Prsfor the easy online chocolate and more... candy

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores