Is Chocolate Healthy?

Micheal Cera
@micheal-cera
07/23/09 17:13:39
1 posts
We all know that chocolate is not healthy for the body, but what about the soul. Chocolate relives many peoples tensions and aches. For some it is their one moment of relaxtion, of complete peace. I was just wondering whether any of you have ever felt this way about chocolate. I know I do with a nice piece of Fudge Cake. Fudge Cake
updated by @micheal-cera: 04/20/15 11:34:06
Mindy Fong
@mindy-fong
07/23/09 23:24:51
19 posts
Why would you say that chocolate isn't good for you, healthwise? There are numerous studies suggesting otherwise. Chocolate contains more antioxidants than green tea or red wine, for example. It's really dependant upon the type of chocolate and the amount consumed that can and usually makes chocolate 'bad' for you, Of course, the more cacao in the chocolate, the less sugar and more medicinal benefits you gain, and even more so if you're consuming cocoa.And you response to having chocolate as a moment of peace, it's by no accident that chocolate can cause blissfulness. It's truly a comfort food becuase chocolate contains a myraid of chemical compounds which effects mood. I'm not an expert by anymeans but chocolate is found to affect serotonin levels and chocolate contain theobromine, which affects the nervous system leading to mental and physical relaxation, etc etc.Fudge cake doesn't do it for me, but I have had hot chocolate paired with rich chocolate desserts that sent my giddiness through the roof. No doubt, chocolate is mind altering, I've had it happen personally and love it!
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
07/24/09 00:24:32
158 posts
Oh we're just a clever little spammer aren't we? NOT!
Clay Gordon
@clay
07/24/09 08:57:48
1,680 posts
All of Mr Cera's other contributions have been deleted because they were determined to be spam. Mr Cera has been warned that continued postings of this nature will result in his membership being revoked.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.