Tips for pairing chocolate and whisky?

Evert-Jan De Kort (Choqoa.com)
@evert-jan-de-kort-choqoacom
10/27/09 10:00:40AM
11 posts
hi Cacao lovers,I'm preparing a first whiskey / chocolate pairing and would love to hear your tips/expertise and adviceI have mainly European brands like Bonnat, Cluizel, Pralus, maybe some Akesson as well.Whisky is ao first Cask, Berry Bro's & Rudd, Alchemist, Blackadder, Clydesdale, Wemyss, Adelphi.Any tips that save some definite 'bad' pairings and guide to 'great' pairings are more than welcome!thx for sharing!Evert-Jan
updated by @evert-jan-de-kort-choqoacom: 04/21/15 12:52:58PM
Alan McClure
@alan-mcclure
10/27/09 04:32:33PM
73 posts
Hello,This might help: http://patric-chocolate.blogspot.com/2009/05/single-malt-scotch-whisky-fine.html Any of the Madagascar chocolates from Akesson, Pralus, or Cluizel would share some characteristics with the Patric Chocolate 67% Madagascar that I used.Best,Alan
Molly Drexelius
@molly-drexelius
10/27/09 04:55:15PM
16 posts
Hi,We also had a chocolate and whisky tasting earlier this year -- a rather simple one to start with... tasting we should be having another soonhave fun!!!
10/28/09 02:07:48PM
11 posts
thanks Alan & Molly for the links so far!I've been trying out a first mini pairing today (I happened to have Talisker, another single malt, and some Akesson) and I felt that whisky's are very strong to pair up.However I also seemed to me that unlike wine, where you better have both in your mouth the same time, with whiky it's better to have a sip and only have the chocolate afterwards...Any further experiences on the techniques of best tasting this particular pairing?thx!Evert-Jan
11/03/09 04:06:21AM
11 posts
hi all,I did the pairing, and it was wonderfull ! Though you really have to look for good combi's though. It's not an easy one.read more details on my blogpost on this superb experience: http://www.choqoa.com/blog/2009/11/choqoa%E2%80%99s-first-whisky-and-chocolate-pairing/ some more pix on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/evert-jan/sets/72157622720964326/ thx again for your inputEvert-Jan

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores