Insert - printing solutions

Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/02/09 10:18:37PM
103 posts
Good day.I need to print a very small run of inserts. These are the inserts people include in the boxes to tell which bonbon is which flavor.Do you guys know where I can go to get a small run? Any online printing shop?Thank you.
updated by @andre-costa: 04/24/15 06:07:56AM
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/04/09 03:27:31PM
1,680 posts
Andre:Try 4over4.com.:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/05/09 03:14:32PM
103 posts
Thank you, Clay.
Gina
@gina
11/07/09 11:22:44AM
1 posts
yes email me and I can help you out. Gina
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/09/09 10:05:30AM
1,680 posts
Hey Gina:This is an open forum and any answer you have for Andre may work for other members of TheChocolateLife. So it'd be appropriate to share publicly.:: Clay

--
Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
11/16/09 06:02:55PM
98 posts
Being someone who has printed these for Purdies, you will want to take into consideration the smell of offset printing, digital might be the way to go as it is usually high end ink droplet printing much like your home printer. It is also cheaper and you can do short runs. Google digital printers in your area, if you can't find one let me know and I can probably forard you some.
Valerie
@valerie
11/16/09 07:56:06PM
29 posts
www.printingforless.com is a good resource. I haven't used them for insert printing, but have used them for business cards and postcards. Instead of inserts I usually buy large oval labels, print directly on them what each box contains (I can usually verbally differentiate between my chocolates) and stick them to the inside lids of boxes.
Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
11/16/09 08:03:48PM
98 posts
moo.com is one that has some really unique stuff that you could create. Quality is pretty good as well. Everyone I know is local to me since I occasionally do design work with them, If you need help with creative or print maybe I can help? Just let me know.
Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
11/18/09 11:01:01AM
157 posts
We use our Dymo Labeler to do the job. I've made EPS files of all the shapes and then we lay them out on one of the larger printing squares. Self adhease to the top of the box or to the padding has worked well. It's not color but it does allow for a lot of flexibility early on.
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/18/09 11:53:27AM
1,680 posts
One workable solution for printing keys to put into boxes that I have seen - even by very high-end chocolatiers - is the use of translucent vellum that you can run through a laser printer. You can get translucent vellum made to go through laser printers at many specialty paper stores on-line and off and many sources will cut it to exact size for you. You can print in black and white or color depending on the application. You can print only as you need them or to a production schedule - and you can alter them at will.Very flexible option.Once you run the paper through the printer it might not be sanitary any more, so you'll probably have to look into clear food-safe acetate sheets the same size or put the printed key on top of the candy pad. If you opt for the clear acetate and use very translucent vellum you may be able to see slightly through the key to the pieces below.

--
Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
11/18/09 01:42:23PM
157 posts
Ooh, I like that idea Clay. Allows for a lot of flexibility and you can pick up some really nice paper styles.
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/18/09 03:01:27PM
1,680 posts
Yep. You can find some really nice textured rice and other papers that are made to go through a laser printer. Lots of ways to make the presentation special.A zero-extra-cost-yet classy option for custom jobs is to "watermark" or "ghost" the customer's logo on the key ...

--
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/19/09 11:20:39AM
103 posts
Hi Dirke.Thank you for the link to moo.com and for offering your assistance with design. I may need your help in the future, when I need something more complex.Thanks again,Andre
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/19/09 11:21:09AM
103 posts
Valerie,I know printingforless.com, but I have completely forgotten about them. Thanks for refreshing my memory.Andre
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/19/09 11:22:08AM
103 posts
Thank you, Andy.The issue is that my pieces are mostly very colorful and they follow the same shapes. So black and white is really not an option for me.Thank you, though.Andre
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
11/19/09 11:23:51AM
103 posts
Nice idea.Andre

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores