Nutrition Information

Brad Payton
@brad-payton
11/10/09 15:38:28
13 posts
I have opened a chocolate truffles business and have sold wholesale for a while. I am looking in to starting selling retail as well. I need to figure out the nutritional information on the product I am selling. Is there a good software for this task that you would recommend?
updated by @brad-payton: 04/20/15 14:17:52
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
11/10/09 16:26:17
194 posts
Are you going to be selling more than 10,000 units per year? If not, you don't legally need the nutrition info on the label.
Brad Payton
@brad-payton
11/10/09 16:47:22
13 posts
I have interest by some large chain stores so that is a possibility. I would rather play it safe and get my packaging set up done once and not have to adjust later.
Kerry
@kerry
11/12/09 06:05:41
288 posts
You might want to look at a piece of software called NutraCoster.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Brad Payton
@brad-payton
11/16/09 15:46:46
13 posts
Thank You this helps.
Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
11/18/09 09:13:56
157 posts
Many states have a program that will analyze your foods and give you the information from contents to packaging recommendations. North Carolina costs $50 per item.This takes some work but you can assemble the data through the governments website: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ It's going to be relative, not absolute.Doing some searching on nutritional data comes up with a few other sites that require membership (gen. free) that you can assemble your recipes for nutritional breakdown.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores