Mol d'Art 6 kg Chocolate Tempering Machine

Christopher M Koshak
@christopher-m-koshak
04/11/11 07:24:16PM
15 posts
I am new to The Chocolate Life, and am planning to open a shop and am gathering equipment, has anybody used the Mol d'Art 6 kg temperer? http://www.tcfsales.com/shopexd.asp?id=248&bc=no I was planning to buy a Revolation Delta machine but if I can have a bigger machine for a cheaper cost I am all for that. Does it work as well as the Revolation without the baffle? Any insight would be appreciated.Chris
updated by @christopher-m-koshak: 04/10/15 06:37:44PM
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
04/11/11 08:51:43PM
527 posts

If you are going to be working with chocolate on an ongoing basis (ie all day), then you need a piece of equipment that will continually agitate the chocolate when it's in temper. The size of the machine will depend on how much chocolate you need to temper throughout the day. We currently usetwo different types of machines in our shop - Pavoni Mini-Temper machines for hand dipping (holds and agitates about 10lbs at a time), and Savage 50lb tempering kettles. Both are semi-automatic, meaning they cycle through the temperatures for your chocolate, and can be programmed to make tempering almost dummy proof. The Pavoni's are fabulous for that and completely automatic, whereas the Savage machines require manual intervention at certain points, but trigger a buzzer when each point is reached.Each Savage machine (we have 2) will easily temper 100lbs of chocolate every 8 hours.

In my opinion, if you are working with chocolate all day, you need machines that will step through the tempering cycle for you, and continually agitate the chocolate. This will allow you to do other things, instead of standing there, stirring, and babysitting your chocolate.

Cheers.

Brad

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
04/11/11 09:54:22PM
194 posts

http://www.tcfsales.com/shopexd.asp?id=248&bc=no

They are good people to work with. I second Brad on the Savage. Love them!

Gap
@gap
04/12/11 08:40:28PM
182 posts
I use the Mol d'Art but it is not a tempering machine. It holds the chocolate at a specific temperature which will keep the chocolate in temper, but you need to initially temper the chocolate yourself.
Christopher M Koshak
@christopher-m-koshak
04/12/11 09:38:26PM
15 posts
Thanks this
Christopher M Koshak
@christopher-m-koshak
04/12/11 09:38:29PM
15 posts
Thanks Ruth
Christopher M Koshak
@christopher-m-koshak
04/12/11 09:38:31PM
15 posts
Thanks, now I get it.
Salome Machavariani
@salome-machavariani
10/27/11 03:01:09PM
5 posts
we are facing the same problem, we are opening chocolate shop and want to buy a tempering machine. Does Mol d' Art melting machine make the temperingprocesseasier ? Can anyone describe us the tempering process with the help of this machine?
Salome Machavariani
@salome-machavariani
10/29/11 03:59:57PM
5 posts

Lana, thanks for your comprehensive response,

There is one more thing I'd like to know: how long does it take Mol d'Art melting machine to melt about 3, 6 or 12 kg chocolate?

Ankur Bhargava2
@ankur-bhargava2
10/20/12 02:27:23AM
7 posts

It's almost a year since you posted this question so I assume that by know you are an expert at this. Typically - assuming the chocolate slab is new, the machine is pre-heated for a few minutes and the slab is cut in small pieces (tiny bits like buttons) - a 1kg batch should not take more than 10-15 minutes. This is very open-ended as many variables need to be defined (not to mention how patient one is) but that time frame is a reasonable figure to start with.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores