Tempering and "keeping" in temper

Nigel
@nigel
11/26/11 12:12:41PM
1 posts

I have only ever tempered small quantities for small batches of chocolate and this has been very successful and now need to produce larger batches - can anyone advise how to keep my tempered chocolate "in temper" so I can temper larger quantities and use throughout the day?

Many thanks

Nigel

updated by @nigel: 05/04/15 03:56:32AM
Kerry
@kerry
11/26/11 08:46:46PM
288 posts

Reheat as often as necessary with a heat gun, or add warm untempered chocolate. As long as you don't exceed the working temperature your chocolate will stay in temper.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
11/28/11 03:33:22PM
86 posts

Hi Nigel,

It sounds like your business is gorwing andthat's fantastic. What youneed in this case is a tempering machine. You just need to feed the machine the chocolate you use, set the right temperatures and you'll get excellent tempered chocolate. Plus think about all the time saved on tempering, re-tempering,cleaning...

Omar

Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
11/29/11 04:40:04PM
92 posts

If you are still tempering by hand, your chocolate will stay at your working temperature longer the larger the volume of chocolate you are working with. Reheat as needed as already suggested in the other post. There is no special trick - once you know how to temper, as you already do, it is pretty much all the same no matter how much chocolate you are working with.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores