Truffles covered with nuts

Christine de Massis
@christine-de-massis
06/08/12 12:53:42PM
12 posts
Helloqgain! Wanted to know how long do u guys think a truffle (ganache) will last whe. Covered wih nuts! The question is: how long do nuts last and not go rancid?Thanx a million
updated by @christine-de-massis: 04/10/15 08:51:09PM
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
06/08/12 10:04:56PM
92 posts

The ganache will go bad long before the nuts turn rancid. I think you can figure about 3 weeks for your truffles until they spoil, grow mold, etc. unless you freeze them. I am assuming you know your nuts need to be toasted prior to using them with your chocolates. Doing this accomplishes a few things but should also extend the time before they turn rancid. I've found old bags of untoastednuts in the back of my cabinets after monthsand they seem fine. How quickly they turn rancid will depend on the oil content (plus storage conditions).

Paul John Kearins
@paul-john-kearins
06/10/12 09:09:56AM
46 posts
I would never cover anything in nuts.... The point of roasted nuts is the ::crunch:: which in combination with chocolate is sublime. Within a day the truffles will be covered in soft nuts .... Just my opinion.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores