I just posted this on the Startup Central Group, but realized it might work better on this forum.
I want to introduce chocolates to my bakery and have taken a few chocolate making classes, mostly for a few hours at a time.
I am trying to find where I can take extended chocolate courses -- hands on -- for up to a week at a time, that will teach me:
1. How to temper using different machines (batch and continuous), and work with different depositors, etc.
2. How to create my own recipes.
3. How to design my kitchen.
Here are my limitations:
1. I will only be using already tempered chocolate. I love to read about -- and have friends in -- the bean/farm to bar business but I can't do that.
2. The courses need to be in the US.
3. I can only go for a week/course.
I have looked at ecolechocolat, but I believe it is mostly online and I want to finally get some hands-on courses. I would like, though, opinions about ecolechocolat.
I have talked to Barry Callebaut in Chicago and they offer classes, but I don't know anyone who has taken them.
I understand that the SFBI also has a chocolate course, but again, no first hand opinions.
If any of you know of chocolate-making courses or offer them, would you please let me know.
The Stonehouse Bakery
updated by @dorothy-rackley: 04/10/15 11:43:45AM