Bean to bar chocolate makers

Casey
@casey
02/04/11 10:12:42PM
54 posts

What about Vestri and Cacao Sampaka?

As far as I know, there are only claims that Vestri is tree to bar, in that they own their own plantation. But in the case of Sampaka, it seems to me I've heard both claims that they are bean to bar, and claims to the contrary.

Benoit N
@benoit
02/06/11 04:27:06AM
14 posts
Belcolade
BAstiaan
@bastiaan
03/14/11 05:38:30AM
1 posts

Hi Guys, I guess we can also add Ananda Chocolate to this list? The Bio/FT arriba cacao bar dressed in a home compostable foil... 100% produced in country of origine, being Ecuador. Ananda Chocolate

Louis Varela
@louis-varela
03/26/11 03:19:58PM
7 posts

You forgot to include Ki Xocolatl.

Ki Xocolatl is a bean-to-bar manufacturer in Merida, Mexico. They also grow their own cacao in a vast plantation in the heart of the Yucatan peninsula. And they have an office in New York to distribute their chocolates.

This is their website: www.ki-xocolatl.com . This is the site for the Plantacion Tikul: www.ecomuseodelcacao.com . You can get their chocolates from Amazon.com. And if you are interested in wholesale, you can contact them by email at info@casa-catherwood.com or mexicanchocolatecompany@gmail.com .

Louis

Ernesto Bugarin Pantua Jr.
@ernesto-bugarin-pantua-jr
03/27/11 08:25:00AM
24 posts
Any Asian Entry?
Brady
@brady
03/27/11 12:00:29PM
42 posts

Hi Louis,

What is the relationship between Ki Xocolatl and CACEP, a chocolate manufacturer in Tabasco?Is Ki Xocolatl subcontracting CACEP for the manufacturing? FYI, I live in Battery Park City, so I will try to attend the Battery Place Market tasting on April 3.

Brady

Robert Quilter
@robert-quilter
07/21/12 11:05:27AM
4 posts
Does anyone know what Hotel Chocolate come under, British or American ? Or? Rob
Tao Watts
@tao-watts
10/15/13 11:44:08AM
10 posts

Hola,

How do I add our company to your data base of Bean to Bar chocolate makers? SAMARITAN XOCOLATA, Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica. 100% organic, Costa Rican, hand-crafted chocolate.

thibault fregoni2
@thibault-fregoni2
11/10/13 08:59:46PM
4 posts

Just wanted to add "Matale Chocolate" to the Australian bean to bar list.... www.matalechocolate.com

Aura
@aura
04/04/14 06:48:05PM
17 posts

We are a bean to Bar Maker in Canada who should be added to this list

ambrosiapastry.com

73_t
@73-t
01/15/16 02:28:16AM
12 posts

Maybe

It is this information,too.

List of bean-to-bar chocolate manufacturers:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bean-to-bar_chocolate_manufacturers#cite_ref-LondonAcademy_2-0

emile
@emile
01/15/16 09:51:35AM
5 posts

We are a small batch chocolate maker in Austria, working bean to bar for our ZART Chocolate Makers product range.

For our pralines and other bars (not! indicated as bean to bar) we use couverture. (although we use of course some of our "homemade" chocolate in truffles). We intend to grow our chocolate making capacity, to cover our entire need in the pralines from our own but that is a longer process.

Mac Powell
@mac-powell
01/18/16 06:58:28PM
4 posts

I sell organic beans to several bean to bar makers in the USA so for anyone to say they are the only one is cause for a law suit. I can give you a hint, Atlanta, Alexandria, and Ashville. 

Mac Powell
@mac-powell
01/18/16 07:02:38PM
4 posts

And by the way there are at least 6 good bean to bar makers within 40 miles of me, and we sell to tourists and locals. Ours is called the sweet dream, or Darklands. Organic beans from our farm, is our source of beans. 

AOG
@aog
01/04/17 02:21:58PM
1 posts

We are a new Canadian chocolate company producing bean derivatives bean to bar single origin in Ecuador

GretaHass
@gretahass
03/08/17 02:53:22AM
22 posts

Here is a list, by state, of the American small-batch, craft chocolate makers who make chocolate from bean-to-bar. They roast the cacao beans, crack and winnow them, grind them into chocolate, conche and then add their own unique spin while tempering, molding and packaging the chocolate. Many of these chocolate makers sell on their website, through retailers or at their own chocolate shops and cafes. I understand that there are many more large manufacturers, but this list is specifically about the craft movement.  If you see that I have missed any, please feel free to add it to the Comments below and I will then include it in this list, which will be updated regularly.

LUV Ice Cream
@luv-ice-cream
03/08/17 01:31:44PM
12 posts

FWIW,

LUV Ice Cream now makes sugar-free, organic stevia sweetened bean-to-bar using direct trade Nicaraguan beans. 

lailalauren
@lailalauren
04/10/17 01:54:51AM
23 posts

Casey:

Here is a list of bean to bar makers. It is not a list of ethical companies or artisan chocolate makers. It simply means that these companies all make their chocolate all the way from raw cacao beans to the molded bar. This list is the result of an ongoing project conducted at 70%, where members maintain a discussion and make attempts to verify that each company on this list actually makes chocolate from raw beans. The reason for verification is that sometimes companies wish to sound hip and trendy and so they claim to be bean bar. The idea is to have some type of definitive list going of who actually makes chocolate from the bean for RETAIL (not solely commercial, industrial, sale).

Africa

Madecasse (Madagascar)
Claudio Corallo (So Tom)
Divine Chocolate

Australia
Haigh's Chocolates
Tava (factory is currently not operational)

Zokoko

Europe
Austria
Zotter

Belgium
Barry Callebaut
Pierre Marcolini

Denmark
Carletti
TOMS Gruppen

France
Bernachon
Bonnat
Michel Cluizel
Pralus
Valrhona
Weiss

Germany
Euromar
Hachez
Herza
Ludwig
Ludwig Weinrich
Storck

Italy
Amedei

Antica Dolceria Bonajuto

Casa Don Puglisi

Cioccolato Peyrano
DeBondt
Domori
Ferrero
ICAM
Majani

Venchi

Spain
Chocovic (now owned by Barry Callebaut)
Natra

Sweden
Malm Chokladfabrik

Swizerland
Confiserie Berner
Felchlin

United Kingdom
Cadbury-Schweppes
Red Star
Sir Hans Sloane
Willie's Cacao

North America

Canada
Soma Chocolatemaker

United States
Amano
Askinosie

Bittersweet Origins

Black Mountain Chocolate
Cacao Atlanta
Cacao Prieto
DeVries
Escazu

Fresco Chocolate

Guittard

Jacques Torres (no longer in production)
Kraft
Lindt (not a US company)
Mars
Mast Brothers

Mindo Chocolate Maker
Nestle (technically not a US company)

Oakland Chocolate Company

Original Hawaiian Chocolate Factory
Patric Chocolate

Potomac Chocolate

Rogue Chocolatier
Scharffen Berger

Snake and Butterfly

Taza
TCHO
Theo

Latin America/ Caribbean
AMMA (Brazil)
Chocolates Condor (Bolivia)
Chocolates Para Ti (Bolivia)
Cooperativa Naranjillo (Peru)
Cotton Tree Chocolate (Belize)
Danta Chocolate (Guatemala)
El Castillo del Cacao (Nicaragua)
El Ceibo (Bolivia)
El Rey (Venezuela)
Fenix (Argentina)
Grenada Chocolate Company (Grenada)
Hacienda Bukare (Venezuela)
Kallari (Ecuador)
Momotombo Chocolate Factory (Nicaragua)
Pacari (Ecuador)
Rain Republic Chocolate (Guatemala)
Santander (Colombia)

Wow cool, thanks for sharing this to us........ <3

/ 4

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Coracao_Chocolate

krazyforchocolates

@krazyforchocolates • 6 years ago • comments: 0
Clay Gordon

@clay • 6 years ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Need Opinions on Cooling Fridge or Tunnel"
"I have been in touch with the UK importer of Everlasting (Angel Refrigeration) for at least four years and have sold several of the 100-series..."
LLY

@lly • 6 years ago • comments: 0
" I had a quick chat with the UK representatives, they said that the temperature inside the blast chillers is around 12C but the ventilation is very..."
rick boosey

@rick-boosey • 6 years ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "FBM Aura for sale $4700 USD"
"susie - is this still for sale ?  "
Clay Gordon

@clay • 6 years ago • comments: 0
"LLY: Quote: You do not want to use a blast chiller – the goal is to cool things down to about -40F as quickly as possible. Thermal..."
LLY

@lly • 6 years ago • comments: 0
" Quote: You do not want to use a blast chiller – the goal is to cool things down to about -40F as quickly as possible. Thermal shock is an..."