Piping Bag Frustrations. PLEASE Help!

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
07/29/15 06:37:01PM
527 posts

Ok....

If you've ever tried to give a cat a bath by yourself, well.... that's what it's like trying to load marshmallow into a piping bag by yourself!!!!!

I swear I got more marshmallow on me than out the end of the tip of the bag!!!

Where can I find an apparatus that holds the bloody piping bag wide open while I scoop stuff into it - and I mean a BIG aparatus - not one of those dinky Wilton piping bag stands for the happy homemaker and her cup of blue icing.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that I can buy piping bags everywhere in this city, but when I ask for a stand or a holder, the sales guy looks at me with this "deer in the headlights" look, then says "Uhhhhhh....".

I appreciate the help.

Frustrated Brad.... 

deborah2
@deborah2
07/29/15 10:14:49PM
25 posts

A tall, plastic drinking glass that is a few inches shorter than the bag; drape the top over the edge of the glass.  Fill the bag, scrape along the edge if you like and then pull it up and out and proceed to pipe.  Been doing it this way for years.  The reason you get blank stares is that most pastry professionals are accustomed to holding it in one hand and filling with the other...I never could master that.

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
07/29/15 10:50:19PM
194 posts

I use a 2-qt pitcher. Anything that holds the bag open works.

HeatherJ
@heather-johnston
07/30/15 12:23:03AM
17 posts

We use a tall and narrow 3 Qt. cambro and then just pour directly in from the mixing bowl. What size pastry bag are you using?

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
07/30/15 06:35:35PM
527 posts

Piping bag is large - about 18 inches, and holds close to 4 litres (quarts).  I have other smaller piping bags but rarely use them.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores