Chocolate Shops in Quebec

Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
01/03/13 11:49:09PM
58 posts

I was wondering if anyone knew some chocolate shops in Quebec worth to visit. I might have an opportunity to visit for a long time this year, so I also wanted to see if there was an opportunity to work in any good chocolate shop there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

updated by @daniela-vasquez: 04/19/15 11:40:12PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
01/04/13 05:10:08PM
1,680 posts

Daniela:

Absent any specific recommendations (I haven't been to Montreal in quite a while), you might want to try Chocomap and ChocoLocate. Both are databases of chocolate stores. Coupled with a Google search (chocolate +Montreal) and Yelp that's at least a start.

Here is a list from Chowhound.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
01/04/13 08:04:22PM
132 posts

If I were to travel to Montreal, I would visit Christophe Morel. I have studied with him. His chocolates are fantastic and he is also a very nice guy.

Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
01/05/13 09:29:55AM
58 posts

Thank you, I'll look it up :)

Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
01/05/13 09:30:24AM
58 posts

Wow, his work is great! I had no idea, thank you :)

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/06/13 02:14:18PM
1,680 posts

Daniel -

I had forgotten Christophe was in Montreal. Doubleplusgood recommendation to that.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Kerry
@kerry
01/06/13 10:40:55PM
288 posts

Chocolates by Chloe is also in Montreal - just down the street from Au Pied de Cochon.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Steve Schechner
@steve-schechner
01/25/13 11:46:59PM
7 posts

I prepared an itinerary for a travel and tourism program I am taking that was for a trip I would like to do to visit various chocolate places in Eastern Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Halifax) and the French Island of St. Pierre. There are chocolate places doing bean to bar, hand made chocolates, gelato, etc. I could send the itinerary in PDF, or I could extract out the names and links (if available). I do have to disclose that I have not been to any of these shops, but in the future, if I have enough money, I would like to do this itinerary and visit them all.

Steve Schechner
@steve-schechner
08/13/13 11:54:57PM
7 posts

As a follow up, I was able to make a trip up to Quebec and visited Choco Musee Erico634 Rue Saint-Jean in Quebec City. They have a nice museum recounting the history of chocolate, a window to watch the chocolatiers (video available when they are not in production), nice selection of chocolates and gelato and even make a bean to bar chocolate that while a rougher texture is very tasty, I regret not bringing back more. Down the block is an historic grocery that is supposed to be the oldest in North America and they have a selection of chocolate bars.Chocolaterie de l'Ile d'Orlans196 Bout de l'Ile Ch, Sainte-Ptronille is also worth a visit if you have a car because there is no public transportation to there. They also have a small museum about chocolate in addition to a nice selection of chocolates, including casis and maple which are sourced locally on the island. They have a little patio where you can enjoy the chocolate, or walk down the road and you can have views of Chute Montmorency, the waterfall.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores