chocolatier who surfs

Robert3
@robert3
04/30/10 08:24:55AM
3 posts
Looking for an Artisan Chocolate maker to help us manufacture chocolateby hand from the bean with all local ingredients here in the Dominican Republic. We have an organicfarm that supplies a restaurant in our small beach front surf hotel,and internal demand through the current customer base as a start.

A lot of the infrastructure is already in place through our other activitiesincluding a retail location and a commercial kitchen, and marketing caneasily be handled in house. I've taken a few chocolate courses, butwould benefit from someone with more experience who can manageproduction.

Our location in a Caribbean surf town provides a fantastic life for someone whoappreciates quality of life and surfing. The person can earnadditional salary for down here if they manage the kitchen in therestaurant in addition to manufacture chocolate- it kind of works welltogether. The pay is relative to the cost of living down here though, just to keep things in perspective.

This could either be a full time position or contract for someonelooking for a working vacation to help us get through a stage. Spanishlanguage and understanding of the Caribbean way would be an asset.

I've been reading the forums and using this site for a while, but thisis my first time posting. Just thought I would throw it out there. You can PM me if you're interested.

Thanks in advance~

updated by @robert3: 08/08/15 04:00:04PM
Jeff
@jeff
05/01/10 03:30:26PM
94 posts
I cannot tell you how badly I want to take you up on this offer. The predominant breaks, are they rights, lefts, point, reef or beach breaks?...or....shudder...all of the above...I am drooling at this opportunity, alas my business requires constant monitoring.LONGBOARDS RULE!
Robert3
@robert3
05/01/10 05:11:54PM
3 posts
thanks jeff,where we are is hugely underated surf - and ideal for the non pro. 3-6, 12 second intervals, left and rights, and even a couple fantastic point breaks on the island. lots of different spots from the see and be seen to breaks with no one around. it's part of what makes us give it up to come down here ..oh, and great local organic ingredients to make chocolate as well!
Alexandra Saunders
@alexandra-saunders
05/01/10 05:15:21PM
5 posts
Hi Robert -Would love to learn more and connect . Can you email me directly at shura.saunders@gmail.com please?Thanks! Alexandra
Alexandra Saunders
@alexandra-saunders
05/01/10 05:21:50PM
5 posts
Hi Robert -The opportunity sounds very intriguing. Would love to learn more. Even if I am not able I can be passing it on to those I know and have been meeting in classes and demonstrations. Kinds Regards, Alexandra
Robert3
@robert3
05/01/10 05:40:28PM
3 posts
Thanks Alex,It's a fun place for someone who appreciates this sort of lifestyle~
Jeff
@jeff
05/02/10 11:21:27AM
94 posts
sounds awesome robert. I spent way too much time surfing hanalei on kauai and miss the water desperately. alas this gig will should go someone younger without 2 mortgages, 10 employees, and a 7 day a week business...
Alexandra Saunders
@alexandra-saunders
05/02/10 12:59:34PM
5 posts
Hey Robert -Sounds wonderful! I'll pass the word around with the chocolatiers whom I know. Also will Twit it since I have around 500 followers ( lordy kinow from where ) many who are nature and animal lovers. ( My Twitter name is finecocolat :-) Sweet Regards, Alexandra

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores