The results of my gamble....

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
02/11/13 05:32:33PM
527 posts

Hi Everybody.

A few weeks ago, I released my new website and asked for feedback on the content from the members here at TheChocolateLife. I had taken a chance and "put myself out there" and to put things quite bluntly, I got roasted by the members on here.

Thank you by the way, for your candid opinions. I will definitely be making some technical changes to the layout to make it more device friendly.

The philosophy behind my approach to the contentwas that I felt peopleare tired of being lied to and manipulated by clever marketing. I know I am.

I have had some time to weigh the results of my brazen honesty and they are staggering.

• Sales have DOUBLED.
  • Website traffic has DOUBLED.
  • People are continually approaching my staff and raving about the refreshing honesty of the content.
  • People are making a point of visiting my stores BECAUSE of my brazen honesty.
  • People are sharing links to my site around their office and reading ALL of the content, laughing with their colleagues at some of the things I write, THEN in groups, coming to visit one of my stores.

One person who provided feedback called myjourney in the chocolate industry "Petulant". For greater clarity, petulance is defined as being overly annoyed or angered at seemingly minor and insignificant things.

I guess given the resounding positive feedback I've had from both new and existing customers, honesty in a business's advertising isn't considered insignificant or minor. It's actually applauded.

Again, I thank you all for your feedback. It has again confirmed to me that doing the opposite of what everybody else in the industry finds acceptable, works and works very well, provided of courseone producesthe quality to stand behind it - and that's something I know I do.

For those of you thinking of getting into the business. Don't be afraid to take risks. While they don't all pay off asthis recent one has for me, just because everybody else does things a certain way, doesn't mean it's the right way, or the only way.

By the way, here's a teaser to my next journey. I was approached by a director and producer back in November. Whether or not it pans out, I'm not sure, but it's kind of funny nonetheless:

The Chocolate Hunter: Taster 2013

Cheers

Brad.

updated by @brad-churchill: 04/09/15 07:36:45AM
Tom
@tom
02/11/13 10:19:46PM
205 posts

Nice one on the new project, looking forward to seeing it. Good to put a face to the name, and not a bad singing voice either.

Chocotoymaker
@chocotoymaker
02/11/13 11:31:11PM
55 posts

Def has a ton of potential. The food network would be crazy not to give this one a shot for at least a season.

Angela Pettypiece
@angela-pettypiece
02/13/13 08:08:01PM
1 posts
Great video! Looking forward to watching your show!!! Congratulations!
Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
02/16/13 10:24:55AM
102 posts

I love your style. This looks fun.

Megan Hile
@megan-hile
03/14/13 03:04:27PM
2 posts

Hi Brad - Where i your site? Can you send me a link please! Thank you! - Megan

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores