My First Valentine's!

Andre Costa
@andre-costa
01/06/10 05:02:52PM
103 posts
This is my first Valentine's season and I am starting to freak out (probably unnecessarily!).We have just gone through Xmas and New Year's and Valentine's seems so close.Have you guys started thinking about Valentine's yet?
updated by @andre-costa: 05/09/15 03:28:45PM
Dee
@dee
01/24/10 12:16:24AM
6 posts
I am. In what way is this your first Valentine's? What kinds of things does your valentine like?
Sarah Hart
@sarah-hart
01/25/10 11:35:33AM
63 posts
I think he means his first Valentine's Day in the chocolate biz and how to handle the busy-ness.I think if you plan well and work really hard then you can just let it go after that. If you run out, you run out and most people get that if they are coming to a little artisan shop, especially in your first season. The people that don't understand might be "happier elsewhere" and you might be happier without them, too!
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
01/25/10 03:16:47PM
103 posts
Sarah,That's precisely what I meant.I guess you are right...I will do the best I can!Thank you,Andre
Dee
@dee
01/25/10 06:04:27PM
6 posts
Oh, nevermind. My question makes no sense. Sorry, I'm new here. Still getting used to it.
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
01/26/10 09:26:00AM
103 posts
:-)That's all right.
Tamy Daltun
@tamy-daltun
01/26/10 06:52:21PM
2 posts
Traditionally we send Valentines Day cards to friends and loved ones...You can send a free virtual Valentine to everyone on your list and you could win two special edition boxes of Godiva chocolate one to savor and one to share. Go to http://godiva.bit.ly/67s3PV for details. Let me know if you like it. I'm supporting this promo and am a true chocolate lover!
Wendy Buckner
@wendy-buckner
01/27/10 02:34:03PM
35 posts
Hey Andre! This is my second Valentine's Day. Last year I learned that it is very much a last minute Holiday for us. Most everyone came the week of Valentine's Day. We also learned to have things like baskets or sampler boxes of truffles made up because a lot of the shoppers wanted very easy gifts. They liked coming in and picking up the big pretty baskets or boxes instead of choosing truffles to have us box for them. Then there are the little packaged chocolates for those customers who want just a little something to give friends. We sold a lot of those too! I like what Sarah said...if you run out you run out. Be ready to start cranking out Easter Bunnies like crazy! ~Wendy
Andre Costa
@andre-costa
01/27/10 07:18:05PM
103 posts
Hi Wendy.Thank you for the tips and good luck with your second Valentine's!!!Oh, boy!!! Easter??? Lol...wonderful!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores