Warming solution

Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/19/10 11:40:03AM
28 posts
Hello again, I was looking for ways to melt and mostly to keep the chocolate warm

I came upon this electric warming tray, it has a teperature control and it ranges from 30 celcius to 95celcius

I was wondering if it would be safe to put the gastro tray like shown in the picture with veggies on the warming tray and keep it a low setting 30, would it harm the chocolate if the tray is in such close contact with the warmer. Does there have to be a space between the warmer and the chocolate tray.

If it is ok I can keep a few kilograms of chocolate warm for a good period of time.

Thx

updated by @hilmir-kolbeins: 04/10/15 02:17:03PM
Mike3
@mike3
10/19/10 05:12:50PM
63 posts
Another idea for keeping choc warm is to use water bed heaters. They might be cheaper and have more surface area than the plate mentioned above, and I think they max out at a pretty low chocolate-safe temp (maybe 90-100F). They are also encased in rubber and roll up for storage (the ones i used to have did anyways).-mike
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/19/10 05:19:24PM
28 posts
I had considered that Idea about the bed warmers, when Im using the larger container I hang a heating bulp above and it keeps it nice and comfy.
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/20/10 08:35:23PM
28 posts
Anyone Anyone, Bueller BuellerIf not I guess Im gonna have to try MIkes idea out and see how it workes. Thanks Mike.
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
10/26/10 09:41:30AM
86 posts
Hi Hilmir,The best solution in my experience is to buy a tempering machine. The one with a tempering wheel gives the best results. http://gulfbusiness.tradeholding.com/default.cgi/action/viewproducts/productid/52402/productname/Chocolate_Tempering_Machine_50_Kgs/ hope this helps
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/26/10 01:39:01PM
28 posts
Oh yes, it is on the to do list in the future to get one of those.
Erin
@erin
11/03/10 03:48:03PM
30 posts
Hilmir, if you want to get some small Rev 1 tempering machines at a great price contact me directly. They can be great for teaching. No spam please. Erin@DoveDiscoveries.com. Thanks
Tom
@tom
11/03/10 06:26:46PM
205 posts
Clay has mentioned in the past using a proover. Back long ago when I worked at Pizza Hut we had huge walk in proovers. I thought that if you didn't want to let your grinder run overnight you could have it on wheels and wheel it into it at night. Anyway the concept is sound, you can get much smaller proovers.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores