Krista2
@krista2
07/16/11 07:08:53PM
32 posts

Hi everyone!

I am new here, but I just wanted to ask those of you with small businesses where to get liability insurance? I did an internet search and so far havent turned up much info on this. Is there an insurance company that specializes in confectionary manufacturing? Thanks so much for any information you can give.

updated by @krista2: 04/17/15 06:43:35AM
Nat
@nat
07/17/11 09:10:03AM
75 posts

We just went through this and it took several months to get a simple quote out of a company. You're supposed to go to an insurance consolidator or broker who then shops your requirements around to different companies for the best quote. You could try someone like Pyramid Insurance or http://www.mutualunderwriters.com/ .

They'll ask you all kinds of questions about your company like income, employees, equipment, etc. to get you an appropriate quote.

Good luck!

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
07/17/11 09:51:05AM
194 posts
I just used my regular insurance broker. He shopped it and gave me my options. Actually very reasonable.
Nicole Gnutzman
@nicole-gnutzman
07/17/11 10:43:25PM
24 posts
Farmer's Insurance was very responsive to my needs and even has a special package just for chocolatiers.
Tony Angnardo
@tony-angnardo
04/29/13 04:48:35PM
4 posts

Did anybody go through this process in the state of FL? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
04/29/13 09:25:20PM
527 posts

Most larger insurance companies have an in-house commercial broker. Unless you are actually setting up a manufacturing facility with large automated equipment, don't mislead them with the term "manufacturing". If your sales are under $1,000,000 gross per year, you're a small chocolatier and need liability insurance. That's it. It's a low risk business, and shouldn't cost you any more than around $1200 per year for as much as $5,000,000 liability.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores