Where to find used machines

beth campbell
@beth-campbell
03/21/12 02:19:33AM
40 posts

does anyone have any good links for searching used chocolate machinery?

updated by @beth-campbell: 04/10/15 03:12:16PM
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
03/21/12 02:59:15AM
527 posts

You might want to try www.unionmachinery.com . Jim Greenberg and his brother buy and sell a LOT of chocolate equipment for many different volumes of production.

Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
03/21/12 08:58:52AM
158 posts

I've always had very good luck with the Classifieds at the Retail Confectioners' Association website.

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/21/12 03:05:49PM
1,680 posts

Beth:

There are a lot of resources here on TheChocolateLife to point you in the right direction. It helps to know what you're looking for. I'd point you in one direction if you were looking for machinery to produce 10MT of chocolate from the bean than I would for a tempering machine or similar.

Make sense?

:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
beth campbell
@beth-campbell
03/22/12 02:26:13AM
40 posts

Thanks for your response. I am now thinking I want a Savage bros (or similar) auto temperer (that doesn't require seed) and a melanger/concher? I am using cacao powder and butter at the moment and coconut sugar, but want to source paste instead of powder. I am not sure if a melanger is necessary to mix the sugar in, I am thinking it will help my texture though. I am currently using a vita mix to powder the sugar, and I am tempering using a double boiler. I also wondered what is the difference between a temperer and a moulding machine? I saw a Preformac moulding machine on one of these sites, haven't investigated that company yet.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores