Guitar Cutter.. Which one to Purchase ?

Sam2
@sam2
07/19/12 09:21:20AM
24 posts

Can anyone recommend a Good Guitar Cutter to purchase?

Should i purchase with stand / Without Stand?

How many frames do we need?

Looking for urgent revert from Seniors..

Thanks

updated by @sam2: 04/10/15 10:46:57AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
07/19/12 10:48:08AM
194 posts

I have a Dedy and it works well. It is on a stand with wheels and I have 4 frames. I mostly use the 22.5 frame.

Sam2
@sam2
07/19/12 01:09:53PM
24 posts

Hi! Any website for it?

George Trejo
@george-trejo
07/19/12 02:04:54PM
41 posts

I have a Pavoni double guitar I purchased from ChefRubber.com I don't think the cart is necessary. I would recommend getting a steel one and not one of the cheaper plastic ones.

Pierre (Pete) Trinque
@pierre-pete-trinque
07/19/12 05:15:06PM
19 posts

If you go to tcfsales.com you can see the Dedy products. We have one and like it a lot. Not cheap but good.

Pete

Gap
@gap
07/19/12 06:07:19PM
182 posts

For what it's worth, the sizesI use are 15mm x 30mm for rectangular chocolates and 22.5mm x 22.5mm for sqaure chocolates.

Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
07/20/12 02:10:10PM
158 posts

Totally agree with George. Any money you save on the plastic guitars you'll spend buying replacement wires for them...

Al Garnsworthy
@al-garnsworthy
07/22/12 05:09:20PM
22 posts

Don't bother buying a Prefamac guitar cutter - it is just a Dedy guitar cutter which they put their logo on.. they didn't even bother repackaging mine.. all they had done was cut a hole in the bubble wrap to afix their logo plate..

Don't get me wrong I love the guitar cutter, but just buy it direct from Dedy and not Prefamac. :)

Sam2
@sam2
07/23/12 04:02:37AM
24 posts

tcflsales.com guitar cutters are expensive ones... Further they offer only domestic shipping

Sam2
@sam2
07/23/12 04:04:50AM
24 posts

i see plastic guitar cutters everywhere.. any example of steel one?

is the base of steel in this ?

http://www.tcfsales.com/products/59-Chocolate-Guitar-Cutters/282-Confectionery-Guitar-Cutter-075mm-base-3-Frames/

This states - High qualityaluminum alloy Base delivers precision

Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
07/26/12 11:47:23AM
157 posts

There are no cheap guitar cutters. If they are too expensive, like we think they are, you can DIY one with a lot of elbow grease or do hacked solutions, like we do, with a caramel cutter and then a warm knife. It's not as chop-chop quick as a guitar but it doesn't cost much either.

Solis Lujan
@solis-lujan
07/27/12 12:30:24AM
26 posts

I have a Dedy with 4 frames also, it is a beautiful piece of equipment. Tom at tcf sales is great to work with. I thought the cart was a bit expensive so I put together my own stainless steel one. Cost about $ 120.00 and it is just as nice. Buy 2 stainless steel carts at Sam's Club, Costco or other such store. They come with top, a self and a basket, plus heavy duty wheels.You will have an extra set of legs, wheels and a basket, put aside. Assemble, 4 shelves on the legs, basket on the bottom, presto, prefect guitar stand. Plus the basket on the bottom is great for accessories. I will try and put up photo later. But it is really simple, let me know if you have any questions on this set up.

Solis Lujan
@solis-lujan
07/27/12 12:37:56AM
26 posts

For caramels I have a wonderful steel rolling pin with adjustable wheels, does a great job, but it is not for chocolate. I love my equipment and machines, I get the best quality I can, I feel in the long run it is the only why to go. The Dety for instance, is made like a fine musical instrument.

Sam2
@sam2
07/30/12 03:57:37AM
24 posts

Which one is recommended:

Prefamac Guitar Cutter, Bakon USA, Martellato, Dedy, JKV ?

Al Garnsworthy
@al-garnsworthy
07/30/12 04:51:07AM
22 posts

As mentioned previously.. don't get the Prefamac, as it is just the Dedy guitar cutter with a Prefamac branded plate on it. They also force you to buy four cutting frames, whereas with Dedy, I think you can buy individual cutting frames. Go for the Dedy.. lovely bit of kit.

Elizabeth Falato
@elizabeth-falato
07/30/12 12:40:02PM
3 posts
I loved my prefamac and I did buy a cart makes storage and letting it air dry a snap!
Elizabeth Falato
@elizabeth-falato
07/30/12 12:46:59PM
3 posts
Nice! I just saw this! You are so right a bunch of cutting that I never used!! I happened to buy mine when they were building my machine but wish I would have known then. I used the one 30 cutter for my stuff but tried the one larger one for marshmallows once-what a waste!
Solis Lujan
@solis-lujan
07/30/12 02:53:37PM
26 posts

When I bought my Dedy, it was cheaper to get it with the 4 frames than buy it with one or two frames, separately. Check it out with Tom at TCF sales, he sometimes has them on sales, ask for a small discount. Don't tell him I said this, LOL.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores