Cacao Inter-American Cacao Center July 1953

Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
03/10/13 11:35:12AM
102 posts

I found this journal or newsletter on Google books and found this section fascinating. I provided the link and than you go down to: July-August 1953, Vol. 2 ns 43-44. There is a section titled, "Restoring Chocolate's Old-Time Flavor". Very similar to what I currently read about the future of fine flavored cacao.

updated by @thomas-forbes: 04/09/15 03:06:45PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/10/13 12:04:46PM
1,680 posts

Tom:

I couldn't get your link to work for me. I went to Google Books and then entered " Restoring Chocolate's Old-Time Flavor" into the search box and found the text you mentioned. Here's a link that should work .

What a great find! I am l ooking forward to reading this.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
03/10/13 12:31:33PM
102 posts

I can't stop going through it.

Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
03/10/13 12:53:34PM
102 posts

The April June 1955, edition has an article about West African cacao before Ivory Coast was a big player. Looks like Ghana was a significant producer before the fall of Brazil in the 80's. "The Quality of Raw Cacao and its Affects on the Manufacturer" in the same issue is another interesting read.

Jeffray D. Gardner
@jeffray-d-gardner
04/04/13 11:44:00PM
13 posts

Thanks for sharing Thomas. Clay, I wonder if these two individuals, Ake Burchardt and Henning Jorgenson are still with us today? Would be a great interview on the Heritage Radio Network!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores