sourcing organic/fair trade/criollo or trinitario beans

Madeleine Siegel
@madeleine-siegel
11/26/13 02:52:42PM
12 posts

Hello!

Can anyone recommend a good source for fine-flavor beans that are organic and fair-trade (or similar)?

I'm looking to buy a couple hundred pounds at a time. I live in Vermont, USA.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Madeleine

updated by @madeleine-siegel: 04/12/15 06:57:09AM
Milford Dennison
@milford-dennison
11/27/13 12:00:06AM
10 posts
Chocolate alchemy. Com
Madeleine Siegel
@madeleine-siegel
11/30/13 01:44:07PM
12 posts

Thanks, Milford! I know chocolate alchemy well and it's a great site. I'm just trying to stay open to new sources if they are out there. If they are, they are hard to find!

Gifford Laube
@gifford-laube
11/30/13 08:57:17PM
7 posts

Hello Madeleine,

My small company, Cacao Bisiesto (Leap Year Cacao) processes fine flavor Nicaraguan cocoa. We have worked with several bean-to-bar chocolate makers in the US and Europe and can handle anything from a sack to 10 tons of cocoa. If you would like a sample please let me know and we will happily send you one.

Giff Laube

Matagalpa, Nicaragua

Madeleine Siegel
@madeleine-siegel
12/01/13 07:54:07PM
12 posts

Hello Giff,

Just visited your website- love it! what a great cacao story! Could you email me some info: cost? strains available? organic? FT?

madeleine@chocolatehollowvt.com

Thanks!

brian horsley
@brian-horsley
12/09/13 09:21:46AM
48 posts

Hi Gifford, just wanted to say that I recently sampled some of your beans and they were excellent. Post harvest was clearly top notch. Kudos to you and your team, job well done.

Saludos,

Brian

Gifford Laube
@gifford-laube
12/09/13 07:40:45PM
7 posts

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot; we appreciate your opinion and are glad that the beans looked good. Now we just have to find some genetics like the ones you have in Peru to really take it up a notch.

Giff

Daniel Domingo
@daniel-domingo
01/02/14 09:57:05AM
4 posts

Hi Madeleine

We have a wide range of Organic, Fair Trade, and/or Rain Forest Alliance beans. If you are interested, feel free to email me at ddomingo@ecomtrading.com and I can send you more information, pricing, etc

Happy New Year!

Dan

Sebastian
@sebastian
01/02/14 07:08:40PM
754 posts

Don't under-estimate the importance of good PHC - genetics only accounts for approximately 51% of the flavor potential, which isn't to be underestimated, but most folks give it more creedence than it's due, and post harvest less than they should.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores