Can anyone tell me the technique that Chapon use to print image on chocolate?

Mint
@mint
05/14/12 04:08:26PM
1 posts

1126-IMG_0685.jpg?width=750

Hi All,

I bought this chocolate watch from Chapon in Paris. It's 7.5 euros and only 9g. It had a photo of Audrey Hepburn printed on it. Can anyone tell which technique they used to print image on chocolate? Transfer sheet or food printer?

I bought an edible printer from ebay and a pack of chocolate transfer sheets,but it doesn't work...I already wasted 4 sheets :( I also tried frosting sheets.. result is not good..

updated by @mint: 04/11/15 12:11:11AM
david roberts
@david-roberts
05/23/12 03:06:48PM
11 posts

Hi mint not sure what they have used for the watch, dont know what printer you purchased from ebay or what transfer sheets you use, i have had perfect results with chocolate artist form deco, that is the software they use for printing on transfer sheets, i use the cocoa butter sheets from chocolate world i find them better than the ones deco sell.

You will need a canon printer you can purchase all from deco but you might find if you buy the items seperately it may be cheaper.

dave

Laura Marion
@laura-marion
06/07/12 08:18:28AM
27 posts

hello i am new to the printing of cocoa butter but i aminterestedto learn more about the type of printer

Dave, you soundlikeyou knowa lotabout it

do you need to have a special printer ?

do you have to temper the cocoa butter or will the printer do it?

how does it keep the cocoa butter at the tempered?

thanks

Laura

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
06/11/12 03:01:43PM
32 posts

if you go to the CHOCOLATE ARTIST SOFTWARE/PRINTER talks you should get all your questions answered. Should be on page 2 or 3 of the discussions.

david roberts
@david-roberts
06/12/12 04:58:31PM
11 posts

Hi Laura if you cant find what you are after on forum, it can be a bit daunting to start and money dont grow on trees ( shame ) you can email me on dave12389@hotmail.co.uk and i will walk you through it step by step.

Virgilio Rubini
@virgilio-rubini
06/12/12 10:28:47PM
18 posts

Hi mint,

I believe that they are using blister transfer technology.

Very common in Europe for printed shapes.

Alas, I don't think that we can make it in-house with inkjet printers and transfer sheets.

Virgil.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores