Who has the highest concentration of Chocolate shops?

Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
01/31/08 20:21:14
71 posts
This is just for fun but does anyone know what city in the world has the most chocolate shops per capita? Im thinking probably Paris, London, or NYC, but maybe not- does anyone know for sure? Choc shops meaning only those where bar and bon bon/ truffle type chocolate is the #1 product: "Chocolateries" (not patisseries, grocerys, or bakeries).
updated by @chocoflyer: 04/16/15 21:14:04
Clay Gordon
@clay
02/01/08 09:08:49
1,680 posts
Paris probably has the greatest total number of chocolate shops, but either Brussels or Bruges/Brugge (depending on whether you are French or Flemish) probably has a higher density of shops. I am visiting both Paris and Bruges this summer as a part of a luxe Chocolate Lovers Travel Club trip, and I will be happy to perform what I am sure will be the very tasty research to find out.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
02/02/08 17:43:14
71 posts
Ok you are a VERY lucky man, Im sure you know that, but where do I get more details on this tour? I have actually been to both cities (college study-abroad) but would love to go back.....wish that US exchange rate would improve!Oh and how about Zurich? I know the Swiss reportedly EAT more choc than anyone else (22 lbs/yr) but do they have the most choc shops i wonder?? I gotta say London really seems to have the widest variety, chocolatiers and co's from all over....my next trip has to be the Chocolate Ecstasy Tours there- again, wish that darn exchange rate would get better!
Ms Montezuma
@ms-montezuma
02/05/08 05:55:15
1 posts
I'd have to vote for Bruges. Partly because if you trip over the chocolate chops there, and partly because it's has a relatively small population - I can't imagine any big city beats it on chocolate shops per capita!Clay - have a fantastic cocoa-filled time! My tip is to bring home some hagelslag/vlokken* as well as regular chocolate.*for the unitiniated, chocolate flakes sprinkled on toast/bread. Addictive.
Sarah Gross
@sarah-gross
02/10/08 15:02:50
15 posts
I feel like, just in the U.S. San Francisco may have more chocolate shops per capita than NY. Perhaps the most in the country. It is a very chocolate-centric, cacao-appreciative area!
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
02/12/08 14:15:01
71 posts
I am going to San Fran and made a list and map of the choc shops- 35 counting Fog City News and TCHO which opens summer 08. There are more if you count all the Godivas and Sees. A VERY CHOCO LOVING CITY!! Also there's the Charles Choc & Scharffen Berger choc factory tours in Oakland across the bay...actually Oakland has quite a few choc shops too. Im taking the Gourmet Walks Chocolate Tour (6 shops) and then created my own list of additional shops to visit- Ill take pics and post when i return...can't wait!The other city i know is really choc-full of shops is CHICAGO- anyone ever been on their choc tour or their own?
Sarah Gross
@sarah-gross
02/13/08 04:03:24
15 posts
I was also in Chicago last summer and didn't feel like it was nearly so chocolate-friendly, not dark chocolate anyway. They had a few bonbon places. Vosges was around a lot. But yeah, have fun at Fog City news! That's an awesome place. And the Scharffen Berger tour is a must. Berkely and Oakland have their own chocolate places. I'm sure you've found more online than I did while I was there. Looking forward to your posts...

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.