Paris

Greger N
@greger-n
04/11/08 12:43:32
5 posts
I am going to Paris and I would like to know if someone could recomend some good shops where I can buy choclate. Has someone tasted the cookies from Piere Hermes?Best regards,Greger
updated by @greger-n: 04/17/15 00:54:05
Seby Singh
@seby-singh
04/11/08 12:51:01
17 posts
The macarons at Pierre Herme are worth just a trip to Paris. Have as many as you can.Chocolate stores:Christian Constant at 37, rue AssasPatrick Roger at 108, blvd St. GermainLa Maison du Chocolat at 225, rue du Faubourg St. HonoreMichael Chaudun at 149 Rue de l'UniversiteJosephine Vannier at 4, rue du Pas de la MuleMichel Cluizel at 201, rue St. Honore
Greger N
@greger-n
04/11/08 13:10:17
5 posts
Thanks for the advice Seby Singh
Seby Singh
@seby-singh
04/11/08 13:12:12
17 posts
Most welcome. What I also did when I was in Paris was just to walk and look at the stores and found so many small chocolatiers on the way and I went into as many as I could and just bought a piece or two of chocolate to savor.I hope you have an excellent time eating your way through Paris!
Souheila Kurjie
@souheila-kurjie
04/11/08 13:28:16
5 posts
Hi Greger,Paris, love it... One more to add to your list: Patchi Le Chocolat, 72, Avenue Victor Hugo.Have a great time!Souheila
Seby Singh
@seby-singh
04/11/08 14:20:37
17 posts
Hi Greger,Clay Gordon had also mentioned that he had delicious hot chocolate at l'Etoile d'or. It has two locations: 9 rue Aligre or 94, Avenue Philippe Auguste.Also go to Angelina for a hot chocolate although it may be a bit touristy.
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/12/08 00:21:21
1,680 posts
Greger, Seby:Actually, I don't remember having hot chocolate at A l'Etoile d'Or - maybe you were misremembering my comments about la Charlotte du l'Isle. In any event I posted a blog article about my trip . Greger, you may find the article useful in helping plan your trip. Some of you may recognize the picture of my daughter Alex in front of Maison Steiger from the dedication page of my book.Although I have not been there, Michel Chaudun comes highly recommended. You probably also want to think about which store to go to if a company has more than one. For example, you could go to the La Maison du Chocolat store on the Rue Fauborg St Honore because it's close to Cluizel, JP Hevin, and Angelina. However, the main LMdC store is on the Boulevard Madeleine off the Place Madeleine, near Fauchon, Hediard, and Marquie de Sevigny. Rough, I know, having to make such difficult choices!Finally - Seby are you sure you have the address for A l'Etoile d'Or correct? When I visited them they were at 30, rue Fontaine near the Place Blanche metro stop. Also, so much of the store is about Ms Acabo that it's hard to believe that there could be two locations.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Ari Juels
@ari-juels
04/12/08 20:07:03
1 posts
The 6th arrondissement in particular has an abundance of excellent chocolate shops in a small compass. Among these are Christian Constant, Jean-Paul Hvin, a branch of La Maison du Chocolat, Patrick Roger, and Jean-Charles Rochoux. It's also a land of plenty for macarons. Both Ladure and Pierre Herm are in the area, as is Jean-Paul Hvin (which has superb chocolate macarons) and also Sadaharu Aoki, whose green tea macarons are particularly good, I think.
Liliana Martínez
@liliana-martnez
04/15/08 07:33:58
2 posts
Dear Greger,Before going to Paris you have to see Sofia Coppola film Marie Antoinette, and then, visit Debauve & Gallais, 30, Rue des Saints-Peres, Paris VII. Ask for Les pistoles de Marie Antoinette, specially the one with orange flavor, it's just amazing. The place is from another world, you feel like being at XVIII century.My best regards,Lili
Seby Singh
@seby-singh
04/23/08 14:51:19
17 posts
Sorry Clay. I must have misread about the hot chocolate and I got the address for A l'Etoile d'Or from the internet so not sure if it is correct or not.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.