Posted in: Geek Gear - Cool Tools
or anyone else who might be able to help me troubleshoot this - I thought the chocolate turned out perfect. However, when I poured it out, I could see a very slight pooling of oil on the surface of the chocolate. It's almost imperceptible, and I haven't noticed an off taste at all. I rinsed the machine with hot water, and let that water cool in a jar, and this cooled chocolate water also has a very subtle congealed something on the surface. (like cooled fat, but less than tissue-thin). I'm planning to take the whole thing apart and clean, plus reseal the epoxy. But I'll feel better if I can also determine what this oil is. I've contacted the former owner to see if it had anything else run through (vegetable oil for cleaning, nuts, lecithin, etc). Ideas about how to identify what this is?