Morello cherry ganache

Krista2
@krista2
01/30/14 10:28:12PM
32 posts
Ugh, so I'm having trouble getting the cherry flavor to come through in a morello cherry cheesecake truffle. I'm using quite a high percentage of reduced cherry puree but once it's in the very mild cheesecake ganache I get nothing ( okay VERY little)cherry flavor that comes through. It's driving me nuts! Any suggestions?
updated by @krista2: 04/14/15 01:23:13PM
Lisa Morley
@lisa-morley
01/31/14 06:43:19AM
15 posts
Following! I am having the same trouble with just a chocolate/morello cherry ganache, while you can taste that 'something' is there, the flavor just isn't intense enough to recognise it. I thought I might try reducing the puree on stovetop to intensify the flavour?
Krista2
@krista2
01/31/14 11:46:58AM
32 posts
That's what I'm doing now, and adding quite a lot, not enough comes through for my tastes.
Al Garnsworthy
@al-garnsworthy
01/31/14 05:38:47PM
22 posts
If you can post the recipe you are using that might help. Are you using just the pure or cream and pure in the ganache?
Krista2
@krista2
02/11/14 02:05:15PM
32 posts
Hi thank you for replying. I was using about 11oz + pure (reduced to a thick paste) per lb of white chocolate. No cream. I think I'm just kind of over it, it has so much cherry in it it's really dark but still not enough flavor. Oh well maybe a different cherry variety?
Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
02/14/14 02:40:08PM
132 posts

One option is to create a Morello Cherry Pate De Fruit on top of a white chocolate ganache. This would work well for a square bon bon.

maudlofq
@maudlofq
04/17/17 07:34:44AM
20 posts

Following this thread for more recipes... :D Hope you guys, post soon!!! <3

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores